[ANSWERED] Z-Wave Controller Recommendation?

Posted on
Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:39 pm
Bollar offline

[ANSWERED] Z-Wave Controller Recommendation?

Is there a recommended Z-Wave controller? I may add a few devices and might as well select the controller most Indigo-compatible.

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:51 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Z-Wave Controller Recommendation?

Indigo works well with both the Z-Stick Series 2 and the EZController (which is also branded as the Z-Troller). The EZController is very nice, but you will also need a Keyspan USB to serial adapter cable for it (it isn't USB).

Posted on
Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:47 pm
Bollar offline

Z-Stick it is, then. Thanks!

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:13 pm
Bollar offline

The Z-Wave stuff arrived today. The GE power outlet worked with no problem. I was also able to get the Everspring ST814 to associate, but it refuses to send data, aside from periodic battery status. I suspect I need to read the documentation much more carefully.

It is nice to be able to use Z-Wave power outlets instead of OutletLincs or ApplianceLincs. I always have problems controlling those since they tend to be near UPS and LCD TVs...

Posted on
Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:17 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The ST814 should work better in the next release (6.0.2).

Page 1 of 1