Indigo and Mountain Lion

Posted on
Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:28 pm
rhskarpinski offline

Indigo and Mountain Lion

Rumor has it that Apple will release OSX "mountain lion" this Wednesday (25th), and I plan to update immediately. Will Indigo be ready?

Thanks,

--RK

Posted on
Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:46 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo and Mountain Lion

Not officially. We've been quite swamped lately and haven't done any testing with Mountain Lion yet. I believe some others have been using it during the Mountain Lion beta and we haven't gotten any reports of issues but of course until we do the actual testing we can't really know for certain. So - upgrade at your own risk.

As always, we advise caution when upgrading to new OS releases - particularly if your Home Automation is critical. Each new OS release always seems to have some issues that aren't discovered until GM. I personally NEVER upgrade my production system to a new OS until after at least the first patch release - and then I play it by ear according to the quantity of issues others are seeing. But that's just me...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:07 am
bschollnick2 offline

jay (support) wrote:
Not officially. We've been quite swamped lately and haven't done any testing with Mountain Lion yet. I believe some others have been using it during the Mountain Lion beta and we haven't gotten any reports of issues but of course until we do the actual testing we can't really know for certain. So - upgrade at your own risk.

As always, we advise caution when upgrading to new OS releases - particularly if your Home Automation is critical. Each new OS release always seems to have some issues that aren't discovered until GM. I personally NEVER upgrade my production system to a new OS until after at least the first patch release - and then I play it by ear according to the quantity of issues others are seeing. But that's just me...

I have been using Indigo Standalone with the Mountain Lion beta, and have not run into any issues, but of course... That's ignoring the fact that it's not hooked up to the power line. (It's a development system)

------
My Plugins for Indigo (v4, v5, and v6) - http://bit.ly/U8XxPG

Security Script for v4 - http://bit.ly/QTgclf
for v5 - http://bit.ly/T6WBKu

Support Forum(s) - http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewforum.php?f=33

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:20 am
IslandLife offline

OK, early adapters, please report back soon so that us "fence-sitters" can pull the trigger on Mountain Lion too! I'm looking forward to it, but I have to many "critical" missions for my Home Automation system (pool pumps/chlorinator, thermostats, etc.).

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:12 am
jamus offline

For me, the TED 5000 plugin no longer works; it reports 0 for everything.

If I run the following script in python 2.5 on Mountain Lion, it doesn't print 1.

from Decimal import *
print Decimal("100")/100

Can anybody else confirm?

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:30 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I think you meant:

Code: Select all
from decimal import *
print Decimal("100")/100

(module name starts with lowercase, but class name is correctly uppercase)

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm curious. What does it do under Mountain Lion?

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:37 am
jamus offline

Yep, that's what I meant. Instead of copy & pasting from my radar bug report, I was going by memory, before my first cup of coffee.

It returns a number close to zero.

The other installed python versions returns the correct value.

This was on an upgrade from 10.7.4 to 10.8 GM (which is the same as the release version), so it's possible that there's something lingering from 10.6 or 10.7.

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:29 am
nlagaros offline

Jamus - I will take a look at the TED 5000 plugin as soon as I get my system upgraded. I am thinking this is hopefully a simple python issue.

I have a separate thread for this plugin in the 3rd party developers message board. Would you mind starting a bug thread there. It will help me keep up with any issues. Thanks.

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:46 am
jamus offline

nlagaros wrote:
Jamus - I will take a look at the TED 5000 plugin as soon as I get my system upgraded. I am thinking this is hopefully a simple python issue.

I have a separate thread for this plugin in the 3rd party developers message board. Would you mind starting a bug thread there. It will help me keep up with any issues. Thanks.

Will do; I'll try to create a post when I get home.

I've worked around it for now by changing Decimal("100")/100 to something like Decimal(str(int("100")/100)).

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:36 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I just tried the code above on a clean Mountain Lion install and it works correctly. I don't have a TED to see if that plugin works here though.

[EDIT] - Sorry, I was wrong. It's broken in a clean install as well. I wonder how the heck that got broken...

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:49 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I did an upgrade install and it isn't working for me under python2.5 either. 2.6 and 2.7 work fine though, but it looks like the the divide operation on the Decimal instance is broken for 2.5. Not sure how in the world that broke...

Hopefully, that is the only thing that broke.

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:28 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

A little more on my initial experiences with Mountain Lion:

• One kernel panic so far - USB related, possibly a problem with my Magic Trackpad. It's been somewhat unreliable (disconnecting or not connecting at boot) since switching to Mountain Lion but has been completely rock solid under Lion and Snow Leopard so it appears to be OS related.
  • App stalls - I get the spinning beachball when launching apps that I've never seen before - happening on multiple apps.
  • Display issues - I've had a couple of times when Finder windows don't display correctly. Reopening solves it.
  • Permissions issue - I copied some files over from another disk into a location that required authentication and they ended up with the wrong permissions.
  • I have a device that requires the SI Labs VCP drivers - they didn't work after the first install. Deleting them and installing again solved the problem.

So, all-in-all, I don't recommend upgrading until at least the first patch is available. That's pretty much my typical recommendation anyway given my years of development and support experience, but it was nice to confirm it.

We're continuing testing to see if there are any other reproduceable bugs (besides the Decimal one above which is a bug in Mountain Lion's Python v2.5, not an Indigo bug). So far we haven't found any Indigo bugs but of course we're not done yet.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:17 pm
dclonts offline

Broke my applescript background task. That task tries to talk to Indigo...below is a logger that tries to log to the Indigo log file:

on ErrorLog(logText)

tell application "IndigoServer"
using terms from application "IndigoServer"
log logText
end using terms from
end tell

end ErrorLog

This does not work...I'm wondering if this is related to the sandboxing.

Help! My pool control just went away.

David Clonts

Posted on
Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:03 am
Chompy offline

I decided to do a fresh install of Mountain Lion and reinstall Indigo. Here are my problems so far:

1. Prism Reflector will not connect, claiming I either have no network connection or that there is a server outage. Neither are the case.

2. Applescript does not recognize "IndigoServer" though it is running.
Code: Select all
Corys-Mac-mini:bin Cory$ osascript -e "tell application \"IndigoServer\" to set value of variable \"PresenceiPhone\" to \"true\""
35:79: execution error: IndigoServer got an error: Application isn’t running. (-600)

Ah, the joys of living on the bleeding edge!
Last edited by Chompy on Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:14 am
Chompy offline