Getting the correct hardware and software version

Posted on
Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
druprecht offline

Getting the correct hardware and software version

I am looking to introduce some home automation hardware and software to my house.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as far as hardware to buy and what version of Indigo should I use.

I would like to program the system with a Macintosh computer and have it stand alone when I leave the house with my laptop.
I would also like to remotely see the system with the same Mac and an iPhone or two.

The system would involve light switches, outlets, IR devices, ect.

Posted on
Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:32 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Getting the correct hardware and software version

Take a look at MacHomeStore.com. They are our primary reseller, and they have several hardware packages that include Indigo.

If you want standalone capability, then you will have to use the PowerLinc 2414U. However, note that the 2414U is an older interface and not as fast/reliable as the 2413U (or 2412U). It also doesn't support extended INSTEON commands (the 2413U/2412U do). But the 2414U is the only option if you require standalone capability. It is also very limited in what it can do in standalone mode. You won't have iPhone or remote access, conditionals, etc., which is why a majority of our users just leave Indigo running on their Macs.

Page 1 of 1