Full Screen Mode

Posted on
Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:59 am
dnomode offline

Full Screen Mode

Hello,

Is it going to be possible to give us a option to have the bar at the bottom hide when using control pages?

Thank You
Ed

Posted on
Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:34 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Full Screen Mode

We are experimenting with this currently. The next beta of Indigo Touch will have something in place to try, although I'm not sure if it is the long term solution we want. Stay tuned...

Posted on
Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:51 pm
dnomode offline

(No subject)

does the new beta of Indigo Touch have anything in place to play with?

Posted on
Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:16 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

dnomode wrote:

Yes. It is somewhat experimental though. If you put links like this on a HTML page you can access via iPhone Safari:
Code: Select all
indigo://controlpage/Office?action=showPage
indigo://controlpage/Office?action=showPage&hideNavBar=1

then clicking on them will launch Indigo Touch in a specific mode. The tab bar at the bottom in this mode is always hidden and you can optionally turn off the top nav bar as well.

I was hoping that it would be possible to create a Web Clip on the iPhone Spring Board somehow that could have the Indigo Touch specific URL. Unfortunately, based on my experimenting it didn't work. Web Clips must always refer to a HTTP URL (versus the Indigo URL) and always launch Safari. However, there are some Web Clip generator site out there that can help. Some of them don't work with an Indigo based URL, but I believe some of them will. The result will be a Web Clip that launches to their Web site, which then immediately does a redirect to the Indigo URL and thus launches Indigo. Not exactly pretty (Safari launches for a second) but it can work. Hopefully, Apple will provide some type of Web Clip mechanism or API in the future for creating non-HTTP URL shortcuts on the Spring Board page.

Another approach besides using Web Clips is to just put the URL links directly on a HTML page you can access via your iPhone. Or maybe you can even save the Indigo URL as a Safari bookmark (haven't tried that yet). One could even create an Indigo Web Server plug-in that automatically create the Indigo URLs for all of your Control Pages. Then you could access that plug-in Web page via Safari and have access to launch individual Control Pages in Indigo Touch.

Note that if you use the hideNavBar option, then there currently is no animation transition between the pages. I'll probably add some type of transition in a future version, but it likely won't be in the first release of 1.0.0.
Last edited by matt (support) on Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:15 am
ricks offline

(No subject)

Awesome! ThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYou!

But, how about being able to default to one of these URLs when Indigo Touch opens? I know there has been debate about it.

Posted on
Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:20 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

ricks wrote:
But, how about being able to default to one of these URLs when Indigo Touch opens? I know there has been debate about it.

Maybe. At this point I don't want to complicate the UI or settings of the main app and would prefer that the settings be passed in via the URL. I'm thinking about some possible solutions though, but first I need to get 1.0 shipped and on the iTunes store. :-)

Posted on
Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:45 pm
dnomode offline

(No subject)

I LOVE it :D Thank You

Please give us on/off setting for these view options

Nice job with the new UI features

Thanks
Ed

Posted on
Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:00 am
dnomode offline

(No subject)

I've been using
indigo://controlpage/home?action=showPage
and it no longer works. The link works and start IndigoTouch in that view, however IndigoTouch crashes about 5-10 seconds after starting up.
This was happening with IndigoTouch 1.0
Thanks
Ed

Posted on
Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:29 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Hi Ed,

I'm not able to reproduce this problem with 1.0.1. Some questions:

Does it happen with every Control Page?

Do the 4 links on the post above work (Device List, Device List with hidden nav bar, Control Page List, Control Page with hidden nav bar)?

dnomode wrote:
This was happening with IndigoTouch 1.0

Did you mean "was not"?

Posted on
Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:32 pm
ricks offline

Re: Full Screen Mode

Ok, finally had time to play with this...and it is great. Thanks for getting this feature in!

support wrote:
The next beta of Indigo Touch will have something in place to try, although I'm not sure if it is the long term solution we want. Stay tuned...

It's not the long-term solution I'd like :). I'm trying to get rid of the bottom navigation bar. I have one top-level control page that acts as a main menu to go into sub pages (e.g. iTunes, Sprinkler system, Lights). For each icon in my main menu, I have it set to a client action to load an external URL, such as "indigo://controlpage/Lights?action=showPage". This works great to remove the bottom nav bar from all subsequent pages. However, there are three problems: 1) it only works for Indigo Touch (and not in Safari -- Safari won't load the page at all, of course); 2) if you quit Indigo Touch and then start it again, it defaults to showing the bottom nav bar, and; 3) the use of this external URL causes the "back" button on the top nav bar not to show (which makes sense if was truly an external URL).

Although I seem to use Indigo Touch more often than not, I hate to do things that'll cause me to code twice - once for Indigo Touch, and once for the web browsers.

As dnomode requested:
dnomode wrote:
Please give us on/off setting for these view options

I'd also like to see an on/off toggle as a property of each control page, although if it was a global option in Indigo Touch, I'd be a happy camper. Whatever the solution, please keep the options for disabling the top and bottom nav bars separate. Despite my previous comments about the top nav bar taking up too much real estate, I've decided that I actually like it because of its back button. Now I'm only on a crusade against the bottom nav bar :twisted:.

Another modification you might consider to control pages is to have both a "Page Name" for Indio.App usage and add a "Display Name" that is actually displayed in the top nav bar. This could help with the fact that Indigo allows the use of characters in control page names that aren't valid in URLs (such as "/") which poses a problem when you try to access it that way.

Rick

Posted on
Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:40 pm
ricks offline

(No subject)

Does anyone know if it is possible to alter the URL to a Safari bookmark that has been saved as an icon on the iTouch/iPhone's springboard?

As Matt has suggested, we can use "indigo://controlpage/Lights?action=showPage" in a html page to launch into specific control pages. So, how do we get a button on the iPhone to launch that URL directly?

Posted on
Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:06 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

ricks wrote:
Does anyone know if it is possible to alter the URL to a Safari bookmark that has been saved as an icon on the iTouch/iPhone's springboard?

I experimented with this back when I added the Indigo URIs, but couldn't get it to work. Hopefully in a future version of the iPhone OS they'll provide something that works.

Posted on
Tue May 12, 2009 1:02 pm
Skiddy offline

(No subject)

support wrote:
dnomode wrote:

Yes. It is somewhat experimental though. If you put links like this on a HTML page you can access via iPhone Safari:
indigo://controlpage/Office?action=showPage
indigo://controlpage/Office?action=showPage&hideNavBar=1

then clicking on them will launch Indigo Touch in a specific mode. The tab bar at the bottom in this mode is always hidden and you can optionally turn off the top nav bar as well. In fact, I'll embed the links above directly into this forum post and you can try it on your iPhone:

Is it possible to use this AND have the Tab Bar at the bottom show up?

I have a Control Page that launches Safari to show my Webcam and captured files and I'd like to add a "back" button to go back to the Touch App.

Posted on
Tue May 12, 2009 2:42 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Try just this:
indigo://

That should launch Indigo in the "normal" mode and Indigo always remembers where it was when it was last launched, so it should get you back to the page you were on.

Posted on
Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:28 pm
dnomode offline

(No subject)

Hello,

I'm just wondering when we may get an update for this feature. I use "Control Page List" and "Control Page with hidden nav bar" and it crashes as soon as Indigo Touch opens on OS 3.0 with these links.

Thanks

Ed