[ANSWERED] PowerLink 1132CU

Posted on
Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:26 pm
EddieMishan offline

[ANSWERED] PowerLink 1132CU

I saw a new USB controller that has a memory the 1132CU. http://www.smarthome.com/1132cu.html. Is this compatable ? Can I use Indigo to download to this controller ? I have the 1132U but don't like having to leave my computer on all the time. I only need it to turn thins on and off at specified times.

Thanks
Eddie

Posted on
Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:44 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: PowerLink 1132CU

Hello Eddie,

The latest version of Indigo supports using the new 1132CU, but only in an online fashion. Indigo does not currently upload schedules or control logic into the 1132CU. JUNE 2004 UPDATE: Indigo does now support uploading logic to the 1132CU -- see messages below for more information.

Regards,
Matt
Last edited by matt (support) on Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:02 pm
EddieMishan offline

I'm lloking foward to it

Matt,
Thanks for your quick answer. I know quite few people who love your software and I'm looking foward to using it once it's updated too. I just hope that it can work with 1132CU soon.

Thanks
Eddie
Last edited by EddieMishan on Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:13 am
bobball offline

PowerLink 1132CU

I've just purchased Indigo and went on to buy the promotional 1132U package from Smarthome.
I haven't worked with either yet, because I thought in error that the 1132U would save X10 program info, that it had the features of the 1132CU.
If I understand previous posts, Indigo works as well through the 1132CU as through the 1132U.
If you're working on accessing the 1132CU, I think I'll return my purchase to Smarthome and have them send me the more advanced unit.

Posted on
Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:23 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: PowerLink 1132CU

bobball wrote:
If I understand previous posts, Indigo works as well through the 1132CU as through the 1132U. If you're working on accessing the 1132CU, I think I'll return my purchase to Smarthome and have them send me the more advanced unit.

This is correct. Indigo should work as well with the 1132CU as the 1132U, and I am working on adding support to upload schedules to the 1132CU.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:24 pm
jimthedj offline

SOMETHING for the 1132CU

As an owner of one of the ORIGINAL X-10 interfaces (where you could download events and had 8 buttons on the top) I have been waiting a LONG TIME for the 1132CU and I believe many other people have been also.

But, I am saddened by the fact I am going to have to borrow my neighbors PC laptop to program it, especially since when I bought that ORIGINALX-10 interface, the software was MAC ONLY!

I know there are many users like myself where only simple macros and timed event are needed to be programmed. Even a partially working public beta that was able to download SOME events and macros would create a great deal more sales of INDGO, me included.

Posted on
Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:41 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: SOMETHING for the 1132CU

As I mentioned above, this is something I'm actively working working on. However, it is not trivial and it won't be released for beta consumption until I'm satisfied with its usability. Hopefully, this will be pretty soon.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:33 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: SOMETHING for the 1132CU

A new Indigo beta that supports uploading to the PowerLinc Controller has been posted. This will let you upload Trigger and Time/Date actions to the controller and then allow you to turn off your computer. See this announcement for details:

http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/php ... .php?t=328

Posted on
Mon May 10, 2004 3:50 pm
jimthedj offline

thanks!

Just wanted to let you know (publicly) that I purchased your software last night.

Thank you for adding suport for this. I think you will see a great return in your efforts.

As I often say, "This changes everything!"

:D

Posted on
Fri May 21, 2004 4:12 pm
Sonny offline

(No subject)

What is the status of a program update Beta testing for the 1132CU?. Will a new version that will download events be available soon? Thanks. Sonny

Posted on
Fri May 21, 2004 5:07 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

The beta is available now above and supports uploading to the 1132CU. Today I posted a new build that simplifies some of the options to hopefully avoid some confusion. The beta program will end early next week. All that is left is to update the manual and fix any bugs that might crop up over the weekend.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:27 pm
jcswpa offline

Sunset and Sunrise with CU ?

OK, when you say schedules, does the CU support uploading sunrise and sunset times (which of course change every day). I would lke to turn off the mac but just use indigo when i need to make changes.

Posted on
Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:41 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Sunset and Sunrise with CU ?

Yes, Time/Date Actions based on sunset and sunrise are supported by the PowerLinc Controller. Indigo automatically uploads sunset and sunrise tables for 365 days.

If you choose the Interface->Upload Settings menu item, you will get a list of all your Trigger and Time/Date Actions that includes a compatibility column of how well they are supported by the PowerLinc Controller.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:43 am
seattlemac offline

Dimming actions work differently live vs. stored

Hello,

Enjoying the software (1.5.5) and successfully uploading macros and commands to the 1132CU. I am finding, though, that the same dimmng command, run from Indigo software "live" does not perform the same way when it is run from the interface as a stored command.

For example, I might assign a "Dim 50%" to a lamp module and run it as part of an action group while Ingido is running (not uploaded to the interface) and it works fine. When I upload the command successfully to the interface and turn off the computer, running the same "Dim 50%" as part of the same action group dims greater than 100%.

Does anyone else notice this problem? I have seen it with both lamp modules and leviton wall switches - again when Indigo is running it sends the commands perfectly through to the interface and they execute as expected.

Thank you for this great software!

Posted on
Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:31 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Dimming actions work differently live vs. stored

Here is an older thread with the details of what is happening:

http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/php ... .php?t=398

It still doesn't work perfectly (as you have noticed), but given the constraints of the modules and the way the 1132CU works in offline mode, it is problematic to fix. For some modules it overshoots the dimming, but I have some that still don't dim enough. To make this more accurate, we'll have to have an internal table of all the modules that takes all of this into account. Even then it won't work well if there is much signal noise. Nasty. :evil:

The best bet is to use modules that support preset/extended dims and to use absolute dimming whenever possible. Or you can leave Indigo running. Short of that, you'll have to tweak the dim/brighten amounts to get the desired results.

Regards,
Matt