Page Width in Android browser

Posted on
Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:53 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Page Width in Android browser

Are you using 6.0.6 or better? I added a tweak that should help. If you already are, I'm not sure there's any more small tweaks we can do. The problem is fragmentation on the android side (don't let anyone fool you - it is a problem for developers) so until we can get to the point of using a new framework that understands all the various possibilities it's just going to be hit or miss. I hope we're hitting more than we're missing at the moment.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:58 am
DaveL17 offline

Thanks Jay - sorry for the slow reply. Yes, I'm using the most current version.

I understand why you can't support every browser/OS. I'll see what else I can come up with.

Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:12 am
RogueProeliator offline

Are you using the stock browser on the S4? I found that the viewport in Chrome usually works decently out of the box IF I load the page in the proper orientation (in my car landscape). If, however, I rotate the device then the scaling is messed up even with a reload of the page. Clicking a link to another control page resets it to the view port/scaling of the new orientation.

I'm in the process of trying a few things out that may help in this area, will post back when things are done. Besides better scaling one goal is to eliminate the double tap to zoom which introduces a significant delay to click events (300ms). Also looking into some even better/more extensive options for a little further out.

Note that these are not Indigo issues, just the handlings of specific browser's...

Adam

Posted on
Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:39 pm
DaveL17 offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
Are you using the stock browser on the S4?

Stock browser, yes.

I was just thinking. I wonder whether there was something stupid easy that would work, like wrapping the full page in a table cell set to 100 percent, or using an iFrame or something... A while back, I did a search to see if there was anything trustworthy on Android to app-ify a web page (like Fluid on OS X) but I came up empty.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]