Pool Pentair Easytouch integration with Indigo

Posted on
Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:57 am
ethanw offline

Pool Pentair Easytouch integration with Indigo

So my recently built pool is using a Pentair Easytouch Panel and I have a Pentair Touch Pro remote as well, so it does have some wireless capabilities.

Now the question will be, what kind of hardware do I need to buy to have Indigo interface with the Pentair Easytouch Panel / Controller. I would prefer something wireless but is ok if I have to run any wires to the panel.
There is a wireless interface that will work with my panel and will work with the existing antenna that I already have for my wireless remote. Anyone have experience with this wireless kit and any chance to integrate with Indigo?

http://www.ezpoolz.com/products/pentair-screenlogic-wireless-connection-kit-520639.html

If this wireless kit is not working nor integrated, since I am starting from zero, what options do I have from a hardware and Indigo integration perspective?

Appreciate all the help and guidance :-)

Posted on
Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm
bcall offline

Re: Pool Pentair Easytouch integration with Indigo

I'm not sure if you've found a solution yet. If not, then I may be able to shed some light. I have an intellitouch system from pentair which I believe is fairly similar to the easy touch. In order to communicate with the panel from indigo you need an I-link adapter (serial adapter) from pentair. It requires a 4 wire connection from the house to the panel (i don't think there's a wireless option). I then use a global cache iTach serial to ip gateway to get the I-link on my LAN. The communication protocol for the I-link is available on the pentair website.

I've written a plugin which updates variables in Indigo based on information from the intellitouch (air temp, pool temp, relay statuses, etc). I just purchased indigo and I'm new to python, so my plugin is a work in progress, but it's getting the job done. I'd be happy to share it w you if you're interested. I'd also be happy if someone more knowledgeable than I would take a look at it and give feedback on how I might improve it. :)

Keep in mind, I have an intellitouch. So you should confirm that the I-link and it's protocols are the same for your easy touch.

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:07 pm
browncarpet offline

bcall wrote:
I'm not sure if you've found a solution yet. If not, then I may be able to shed some light. I have an intellitouch system from pentair which I believe is fairly similar to the easy touch. In order to communicate with the panel from indigo you need an I-link adapter (serial adapter) from pentair. It requires a 4 wire connection from the house to the panel (i don't think there's a wireless option). I then use a global cache iTach serial to ip gateway to get the I-link on my LAN. The communication protocol for the I-link is available on the pentair website.

I've written a plugin which updates variables in Indigo based on information from the intellitouch (air temp, pool temp, relay statuses, etc). I just purchased indigo and I'm new to python, so my plugin is a work in progress, but it's getting the job done. I'd be happy to share it w you if you're interested. I'd also be happy if someone more knowledgeable than I would take a look at it and give feedback on how I might improve it. :)

Keep in mind, I have an intellitouch. So you should confirm that the I-link and it's protocols are the same for your easy touch.

Unfortunately, the Intellitouch i-Link adapter is not compatible with the EasyTouch, only the Intelltouch controller. I've verified with Pentair tech support and the regional sales manager. And we learned the hard way :)

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:48 pm
bcall offline

I wasn't aware of that either. I just took a look at the pentair web site and the I-Link isn't listed under the EasyTouch automation section. But, the screenLogic2 is. The screenlogic2 allows a computer, iphone or ipad to control the pool equipment. There may be a way to interface with that. Unfortunately, while they publish the communication protocol for the I-Link, I don't see anything published for the screenLogic2. If you're interested, you may be able to get that information from their tech support people. I imagine it's not too different from how the I-Link communicates, so it might be fairly easy to modify the plugin to support it. If you can get the protocol, I'd be willing to try to work it into the plugin.

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:19 pm
ethanw offline

So I am still interested in this project. I need to read up on the feedback and see what I need to buy. Money is not an issue....

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:32 pm
ethanw offline

Are we talking about this interface Pentair IntelliTouch iTC15 ? Will this wire with my existing Pentair Easytouch panel? If so I don't mind buying it and let you play with it remotely if you can adapt your plugin to it.

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/poolsupplies/automaticcontrols/products/520500.htm

bcall wrote:
I wasn't aware of that either. I just took a look at the pentair web site and the I-Link isn't listed under the EasyTouch automation section. But, the screenLogic2 is. The screenlogic2 allows a computer, iphone or ipad to control the pool equipment. There may be a way to interface with that. Unfortunately, while they publish the communication protocol for the I-Link, I don't see anything published for the screenLogic2. If you're interested, you may be able to get that information from their tech support people. I imagine it's not too different from how the I-Link communicates, so it might be fairly easy to modify the plugin to support it. If you can get the protocol, I'd be willing to try to work it into the plugin.

Posted on
Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:40 pm
jabeard3 offline

just wondering if anyone has made any progress on this? We are contemplating a pool in the spring and the vendor is pushing the pentair easy touch... Want to make sure I can find some way to tie it into Indigo

Posted on
Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:56 pm
hamw offline

I bought an Autelis control for my Jandy system, and there is an indigo plugin for it. Autelis also make a pentair interface which, if the plugin can be adapted, might get you there.

Page 1 of 1