Quick Scheduling For Family Members

Posted on
Thu May 19, 2011 11:54 am
Brandt offline

Quick Scheduling For Family Members

Is there a way to setup a control page, or custom web server page to quickly create a time/date action for a device, for example a non-technical family member wants the crock pot plugged into an OutletLinc to turn off in 8 hours from now.

Also would like a way for a non-technical family member to be able to easily edit the sprinkler durations from a control page or custom web server page.

Indigo 7 w/ Dual-Band 2413U PLM
macOS High Sierra 10.13.x
2011 iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Posted on
Fri May 20, 2011 10:08 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Quick Scheduling For Family Members

For dynamically creating Time/Date actions, check out the Reminders script which I believe you're already seen - it programmatically creates a time/date action. Specifically look at the line that starts "make new time date action" and look at the "absolute trigger time" property - that's where it sets the time. That script also shows you how to add/change actions associated with a time date action.

For the other you need to describe more clearly what you want them to do: edit the next sprinkler schedule that will execute some time in the future? Change a currently executing schedule? Start an adhoc sprinkler run with custom durations?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri May 20, 2011 10:20 am
Brandt offline

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your response and assistance as usual.

I will analyze the reminders script and see how I can apply it to my first use case.

The second scenario for the sprinklers would be to disable the current schedule for an undetermined amount of time due to precipitation, to change the duration of each zone in the current schedule, and the days the current schedule runs on.

-Brandt

Indigo 7 w/ Dual-Band 2413U PLM
macOS High Sierra 10.13.x
2011 iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Posted on
Fri May 20, 2011 11:07 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Each of those sprinkler requests has a different answer:

1. To stop a current schedule, just put a button on the page that executes the stop schedule action.
  2. If a schedule is running it's going to be difficult to adjust the run times. The best approach is probably to have the schedule use the multiplier variable then just have them edit the variable.
  3. For the days the schedule runs there are a bunch of different approaches. For instance, you might create a schedule for every day, then have buttons for each day on a control page that enable/disable each one individually.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1