Play video via plug-in?

Posted on
Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:45 am
red04sox offline

Play video via plug-in?

Is it possible to have a plugin page serve up a .mov file? I've got a script that produces a timelapse movie and I'd love to be able to view the file remotely via the Indigo touch application. If it's possible, does anyone have sample code describing how to do it?

Posted on
Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:02 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Play video via plug-in?

Indigo Touch doesn't render using HTML - so IWS plugins don't really work. Well, they kinda do, but if you set it up as a link to a URL in your Control Page Indigo Touch kicks the request out to Safari.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:47 am
red04sox offline

Thanks Jay. Safari pales in comparison to Indigo Touch but it's better than nothin'! I've modified one of the user contributed python scripts to embed the following text into the web page that it serves up and I've copied the video file (timelapse.mov) into the directory where the python script sits (.../IndigoWebServer/plugins/SecurityStatus). Should this work? I see a plugin window in the page that's returned but instead of showing the movie it shows just a big question mark on a black background.

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" WIDTH="640" HEIGHT="320"
CODEBASE="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab">
<PARAM name="SRC" VALUE="timelapse.mov">
<PARAM name="AUTOPLAY" VALUE="true">
<PARAM name="CONTROLLER" VALUE="true">
<EMBED SRC="timelapse.mov" WIDTH="640" HEIGHT="320" AUTOPLAY="true" CONTROLLER="true" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/">
</EMBED>

Posted on
Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:53 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Honestly, I've never tried to embed a QuickTime movie into a web page so I'm not sure what else is required. Maybe one of our other users knows how to do it?? ;)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:39 am
red04sox offline

Given the need to go outside the Indigo app, I got it working using the built-in web server that comes with Macs (an Indigo Touch control page links to an external URL served by the web server). I was pleased at how painless it is to get the web server going with Snow Leopard -- just a click of a button...

Page 1 of 1