iOS7 weirdness

Posted on
Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:10 pm
pacman offline

iOS7 weirdness

After my iPhone upgrade to iOS7 I have noticed a weird phenomena. Because of limited real estate on the phone screen I have multiple Control Pages that I save to the home screen and then combine them into a folder. For example, my living room control has separate pages for each function: DVD, Satellite Pad, Satellite Nav, AppleTV. As I bring these pages up I save each to the home screen as mentioned but the saved icon changes name after saving. I might have all my icons in the folder become labeled as SAT. If I reboot my phone then the correct name for each icon reassigns properly. If I add another page (icon) to the home screen, the icons change names again, so once more I reboot to fix the names. On it goes...

Also, when the Control Page is sent to the home screen, it acts like an app and fills the whole screen without the address bar or tool bar. If I link to another page, this shows up as a browser page, not a full page app. When I first upgraded to iOS7 a linked page also went full screen like the source page but after update .1 the browser page reappeared on the linked page. This brings up the idea that the Control Page saved to Home has the ability to toggle off the top and bottom tool bars. It would be nice to carry this through to linked pages as when iOS7 first launched.

Am I alone in seeing this on my iPhone? Any ideas from the Indigo experts?

Posted on
Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:57 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: iOS7 weirdness

So, these are IWS web pages that you've saved to the springboard?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:27 am
pacman offline

I am not sure what IWS is. The web page (Indigo Control Page) is saved to the iPhone home screen and organized into folders. The erroneous icon renaming happens in this process. The springboard? Isn't that a term used with hacked iPhones? I am using iOS7 unaltered except by recurring updates.

Posted on
Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:43 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

IWS is the indigo web server - so you're talking about saving Indigo web pages via Safari onto the home screen (springboard) of iOS? In other words this has nothing to do with Indigo Touch.

If so, then we're pretty much out of the loop for both I think - naming is done by safari as is showing/hiding the standard web browser controls.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:10 am
pacman offline

I think the iOS7 Safari iPhone app is the problem too. I was just curious if others have noticed this happening to them. I did restore my iPhone and found the problem did not go away. Thanks for listening.

Page 1 of 1