Change URL on a button press

Posted on
Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:49 pm
berkinet offline

Change URL on a button press

I have a set of buttons on a control page that control various functions via applescript. In some cases, I want to display a list of sub-commands for a selected button. I have these sub-commands setup on another control page and I would like this secondary control page displayed automatically when the button is pressed (rather than having to separate select a link to it).

Is there a way, in applescript, I can direct the link to take place? I think I saw this referenced before, but I can't seem to find that post now (or I am just remembering something that never happened :? )

Richard

EDIT: BTW, I am using the iPhone app to view the control pages

Posted on
Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:47 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

If I'm reading you right, no, you can't have an AppleScript decide what page to direct to when you click on an object. In fact, there are only 2 built-in ways to get to a different place from a control page: Link to Control Page, which is a fixed Control Page, or Link to External URL, which acts just like a normal browser link (on Touch, if there's a fully specified URL defined, it'll open Safari with that URL).

Both of these have static destinations that are defined at Control Page Edit time, not runtime. Interesting idea for a plug-in, but of course that would only work in a browser.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:59 pm
berkinet offline

(No subject)

jay (unfortunately) wrote:
If I'm reading you right, no,

Yeh, I think you were reading right. I guess (in my words) I'd like to have a goto-control-page verb the Indigo applescript dictionary. Oh well, 6.0 maybe :wink:

Page 1 of 1