Display Device State on two lines

Posted on
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:32 pm
Monstergerm offline

Display Device State on two lines

Currently I can only change the width of a device state field. Sometimes the text in a device state field is really long and it would be great to make it wrap around into a second line. But there is no way to adjust the height of a device state field. Any suggestions or can this be added to the feature request list.

Posted on
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:02 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Display Device State on two lines

Monstergerm wrote:
Currently I can only change the width of a device state field. Sometimes the text in a device state field is really long and it would be great to make it wrap around into a second line. But there is no way to adjust the height of a device state field. Any suggestions or can this be added to the feature request list.

This is already on the request list.

One workaround that others have used is to split the text up into multiple variables then put each variable on the control page. You can create a trigger that fires when the state changes, then you'd need a script to split the string. There might be a plugin that does that, but I'm not sure (others will chime in).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:44 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Display Device State on two lines

The Matplotlib plugin has a Multiline Text device which converts text into an image for display on a control page. It has limitations, but what's there works pretty well. For example, It's possible for the text to overflow the image -- so the default image size should be large enough to hold the longest possible string.

chart_multiline_lorem.png
chart_multiline_lorem.png (35.07 KiB) Viewed 224 times

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1