Support for new Insteon RF ID

Posted on
Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:50 pm
alangraham999 offline

Support for new Insteon RF ID

I love the idea of the new RFID kit from Smarthome...will you have support for that?

Posted on
Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:57 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Support for new Insteon RF ID

alangraham999 wrote:
I love the idea of the new RFID kit from Smarthome...will you have support for that?

Indigo already supports the I/O-Linc, so it should already work.

I don't have an RFID kit, so I don't know if there's any peculiarities, but the I/O-Linc is fairly straight-forward, so I suspect that one of the options we have for the it will work well for this kit as well as it does for the other kits.

Obviously, because of the open-ended nature of the I/O-Linc, it's hard to anticipate all possible uses for it. We're always open to improvements (such as the ones we made recently to make it easier to use an I/O-Linc with the garage door kit), so if you try it out and find that something requires a workaround, let us know and we'll see what we can do.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:16 pm
DPattee offline

(No subject)

Since this kit is based on an IOLinc using a relay you aren't going to get access to the RFIDs themselves, the reader will take care of validating it, so there woudln't be anything Indigo needs to do beyond the IOLinc support.

If you want to be able to make decisions based on the specific card presented (card 1=24/7 access, card 2=3-6pm Monday access, etc) you'll need something else.

Page 1 of 1