[SOLVED]What am I doing wrong?

Posted on
Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:48 pm
Geoffb offline

[SOLVED]What am I doing wrong?

I am trying to rig up something whereby when my furnace shuts down, ie the reset button pops out, I will be notified. I recently purchased a LCD Honeywell primary control with LCD (R7284)and their companion alarm device(WB35S3000). The alarm device instructions say to "Connect the two wires from the alarming circuit into the Normally Open terminals on the EnviraCOM alarm module:. I bought an Insteon I/) Linc low voltage /contact closure interface. I registered the Insteon unit with Indigo but am not sure what settings I should have for this device. I also recreated a new trigger to send me an email and set the parameters as follows: Type: Device State Changed, Condition: Always, Action: send email.

I get the email when I hit Execute Action Now but can't get it the Insteon device to trigger the action. I shorted out the COM and N/O but that didn't trigger it. I shorted the Sense and Grd which did register on the Insteon Log but didn't cause the email to be sent... not sure what settings I should have but apparently not the ones I do have now... I would be very grateful for any help/suggestions. Thank you for your time..

Geoff

Posted on
Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:58 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: What am I doing wrong?

You need to have "Device State Changed" "Binary Input 1" "Becomes Closed" selected as the trigger (assuming it's normally open) and your wires should go to sense and ground.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:17 pm
Geoffb offline

Hi Jay and thanks for taking time to address my concern... I did as you suggested but I wasn't sure what you meant by " Becomes closed" as the choices are only " becomes on" " becomes off" or "has any change" I tried all three, shorting the Sense and Ground, the indicator light on the Insteon device blinked but nothing registered on the log and no email was sent.

I am not sure what settings I should use for the device settings too... what, if any of the settings, on the device set up should I have checked or not checked, if you know...Currently I have: Update Indigo's Internal Device input sensor state checked, and also Input sensor state changes output relay state, and Momentary Mode for output relay is checked... thanks

Geoff

Posted on
Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:00 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

You have "Binary Output 1" selected - you want "Binary Input 1" since it's the input on the IO-Linc not the output.

You have the correct radio button selected at the top.

You should have "Input sensor opened sends INSTEON ON command (uncheck to send OFF)" selected - that's checked by default I believe That's the only checkbox that you need checked unless you're using the output then you'll need to decide for your application if you want to enable momentary mode.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:16 pm
Geoffb offline

You'd da Man!!!! Thanks Jay.....that worked perfectly!!!!

Geoff :D

Page 1 of 1