[ANSWERED]Replacing a Trigger

Posted on
Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:02 pm
macguyincali offline

[ANSWERED]Replacing a Trigger

Is there a way to replace an existing trigger with another trigger such that all the Action Groups or other references to that original trigger are still intact?

For example, I have a daytime trigger and a nighttime trigger for a motion sensor. They are largely identical (camera movements, activate cameras, etc.) other than one turns the outside lights on and one doesn't.

I made a bunch of changes to the daytime trigger that took me a while to do (delays, many actions etc.) and would like to duplicate that in the nighttime trigger. It would be easier to duplicate the daytime trigger and add the 2 simple "lighting" actions to it than it would be to modify the old nighttime trigger with all the actions, delays, etc. of the newly reformed daytime trigger. If I delete the original nighttime trigger, all the references to it will be broken (Action Groups etc.).

So if there is a way to replace a trigger with another without breaking the links to it, that would be dandy.

Posted on
Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:04 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Replacing a Trigger

Sorry, no real good shortcut for this one. You can open and hand edit Indigo database XML file (be sure and shutdown the Indigo Server first, and make a backup copy of it), but I'm not sure that will really help you in this case.

Page 1 of 1