how to update plugins

Posted on
Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:12 pm
Mattias offline

how to update plugins

I just installed indigo 2022.2, and then tried to update a few plugins that had new versions. Before, I've downloaded the new version of the plugin, double clicked the package, and the upgrade was done.
Now, when I double clicked the package, it tried to start Indigo7.5, and update the plugin there. (I'm not sure, but the same thing might have happened before in version 2022.1 as well, but not sure).
All works fine if I drop the plugin package directly in the 2022.2 plugin folder.

Have the upgrade functionality been 'downgraded' and less user friendly, or is there a setting or so I've missed?

Anyone who knows?
Mattias

Posted on
Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:12 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: how to update plugins

It's likely you're experiencing this phenomenon. It's a known bug in macOS where Apple's not associating the plugin file with the most recent version of Indigo. The common workaround is to right-click on the file and select the version of Indigo you want. Another workaround is to remove (or archive) older versions of Indigo so the operating system has only one version to choose from.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:28 am
dduff617 offline

i think if you right-click on the plugin in the finder, then select "Open With>Other...", you'll get a standard file dialog that let's you pick the app to open with and there's also an extra checkbox at the bottom that says "Always open with". if you click this, then it will change the finder's association of this file type with the default application (i.e., what opens when you simply double-click a file of that type).

Posted on
Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:06 pm
Mattias offline

thanks for quick answers. The suggested right clicking solution works.

(now I just need to remember how this is done next time there's an upgrade...)

Mattias

Page 1 of 1