DP run OK under KitKat?

Posted on
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:03 am
Different Computers offline

DP run OK under KitKat?

Forgive my lack of android knowledge, but I'm curious what the compatibly is like with what I think is an older OS.

Got a chance at a used Nabi Big Tab 24" tablet running KitKat 4.4. Will I hit any issues installing and running DomoPad on it?

Sonoma on a Mac Mini M1 running Airfoil Pro, Bond Home, Camect, Roku Network Remote, Hue Lights, DomoPad, Adapters, Home Assistant Agent, HomeKitLinkSiri, EPS Smart Dimmer, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Grafana. UnifiAP

Posted on
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:11 am
RogueProeliator offline

Re: DP run OK under KitKat?

Got a chance at a used Nabi Big Tab 24" tablet running KitKat 4.4. Will I hit any issues installing and running DomoPad on it?

The application's minimum SDK is actually set for Ice Cream Sandwhich and my primary house control interface is a 21" tablet running just that (4.0.4 to be exact)... my only issue is not with the version but with the RAM -- I only have 512MB on this tablet and will occasionally crash the tablet due to lack of available RAM when on graphically intense control pages. I would recommend 768MB or 1GB as the minimum to be safe; I'm not familiar with that particular tablet, but might want to verify that.

Adam

Posted on
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:35 am

Sorry, I have no idea if Ice Cream Sandwich is earlier or later than KitKat. ---OOOH I see, Ice cream sandwich is 4.04?

Specs: 1.6GHz quad-core Nvidia Tegra 4 T40S system-on-a-chip with 2GB RAM. 16 gb storage..

Sonoma on a Mac Mini M1 running Airfoil Pro, Bond Home, Camect, Roku Network Remote, Hue Lights, DomoPad, Adapters, Home Assistant Agent, HomeKitLinkSiri, EPS Smart Dimmer, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Grafana. UnifiAP

Posted on
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:52 am
RogueProeliator offline

Sorry, I have no idea if Ice Cream Sandwich is earlier or later than KitKat. ---OOOH I see, Ice cream sandwich is 4.04?

The names are increasing in alphabetical order. :) Yes, ICS started at 4.0... I think ICS v4.0.4 is the minimum for the application now. Terry and many others are running older KitKat tablets and they do just fine.

Specs: 1.6GHz quad-core Nvidia Tegra 4 T40S system-on-a-chip with 2GB RAM. 16 gb storage..

Can't say for sure without seeing it in action, but that sounds more than adequate -- the Tegra is a very good processor and 2GB of RAM is fine.

Adam

Posted on
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:59 am

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1