need help setting up the following scenarios...

Posted on
Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:24 pm
Brandt offline

need help setting up the following scenarios...

I haven't really had time to think this through, and it's hard to keep up with all the current and new plugins without a plugin repository :wink:

I need "border patrol" of my house.....meaning all exterior windows, doors, and other openings....

for two reasons, security, and hvac.

use case 1:
- hvac comes on (venstar w/ adapter, or insteon thermostat)
- check all windows and doors (triggerlinc or ds10a)
- use airfoil plugin to alert home owner which windows or doors are open
- pester home owner using airfoil plugin every x minutes with which windows or doors remain open
- if window or door becomes open during hvac operation, pester home owner to close after x minutes using airfoil plugin
- optional: if windows and doors aren't closed within a timely manner, turn off hvac

use case 2:
- Armed Home variable is set (system only cares about exterior openings)
- check all windows and doors (triggerlinc or ds10a)
- use airfoil plugin to alert home owner which windows or doors are open
- pester home owner using airfoil plugin every x minutes with which windows or doors remain open
- if window or door becomes open (after all openings have been resolved) while variable is set, alert home owner via airfoil plugin, send email/text, sound alarm, etc
- optional: if openings aren't resolved in a timely manner, do something...turn on lights, etc

use case 3:
- Armed Away variable is set (system cares about exterior openings, and inside motion sensors)
- check all windows and doors (triggerlinc or ds10a), and motion sensors
- use airfoil plugin to alert home owner which windows or doors are open, or if motion is detected in a certain room
- pester home owner using airfoil plugin every x minutes with which windows or doors remain open, or motion detected
- if window or door becomes open (after all openings have been resolved), or motion is sensed while variable is set, alert home owner via airfoil plugin, send email/text, sound alarm, etc
- optional: if openings aren't resolved in a timely manner, do something...turn on lights, etc

Indigo 7 w/ Dual-Band 2413U PLM
macOS High Sierra 10.13.x
2011 iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Posted on
Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:36 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: need help setting up the following scenarios...

Brandt wrote:
I haven't really had time to think this through, and it's hard to keep up with all the current and new plugins without a plugin repository :wink:

A "repository" won't work unless the developer submits to it. We have a plugin list page on the wiki which can have plugins added to it if the developer just asks - this is the best first place to look. We have a User Contribution Library where a developer can submit their plugins - this is the second best place to look. Finally, we have a 3rd party developers section on the forums that any developer can have a sub-forum under if they just ask - we typically encourage users to use this area for documentation and support but you can certainly browse there and forum searches will find stuff there as well. If a developer wants exposure those are the best places to do it.

Everything you outline is fairly easily doable - you should know that since you've been using Indigo for a while now and you're a developer. I think you need to just take the time to think it through and you'll see there are a several different ways to accomplish what you're looking to do.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:16 pm
Brandt offline

Re: need help setting up the following scenarios...

I guess I'm not really sure which plugins can do what I am looking for above...Airfoil plugin....wasn't there a pester plugin? and for keeping a list of current windows and doors that are open.....switchboard?

Indigo 7 w/ Dual-Band 2413U PLM
macOS High Sierra 10.13.x
2011 iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Page 1 of 1