iPhone app not showing changes in status

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:08 pm
Geoffb offline

iPhone app not showing changes in status

I was using my iPhone indigo app to turn on remotely my home theater yesterday. However, when I selected the ON button, the status didn't change. It still showed it as OFF. I tried this repeatedly with the same result. Even when I was in the home theater using the iPhone the same thing happened but it DID cause the desired change. I.e when I pushed On, things went on when I pushed OFF things went off but the status of the button and the designation of either ON or OFF didn't change. It always showed off. Any suggestions? Thanks
Geoff

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:07 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: iPhone app not showing changes in status

What's the control configured to show in your control page? A device state? A variable value? Need to know exactly how the control is configured before we can help.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:32 pm
Geoffb offline

Hi Jay,

thanks for responding so quickly....I will have to check the Control page for the configuration when I get home since I am at work now but I can tell you this. I have never changed the configuration since I created it back during the first Indigo and in the past, it always showed the status before. I am wondering if the new version of Indigo, with many more options, could have changed the state of the configuration when it was installed.... probably not but I don't have any other explanation for it.. will check the configuration page when I get home and will post a response.. Thanks

Geoff

Posted on
Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:21 am
Geoffb offline

Hi Jay,

When I got home I discovered that no changes were being recorded on the Log, and therefore on my iPhone .. the Log showed every command was followed by a failure to get confirmation... I restared Indigo but the same thing happened so I thought it was the interface that had failed... but when I restarted the computer, it resolved the problem and now everything was being logged and showing up on the Log... whatever was malfunctioning was working again.. Thanks for the help!!!

Geoff

Page 1 of 1