Insteon Fanlinc

Posted on
Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:13 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Insteon Fanlinc

Yep, it is a top priority. I don't have an ETA yet, but it will most likely be in the next 5.0.x release.

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:25 pm
gtreece offline

Looking forward to it!

I didn't think this would be too important to me, until I installed a fanlinc and keypadlinc. Everything works great manually between the two devices, but I thought I'd be able to control the keypadlinc scenes with Indigo, after I had manually defined them. So, as it turns out, all I did was replace an already working wall-remote controlled fan, with a different wall-remote controller... :-(

Posted on
Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:39 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 5.1.0 is available and has support for the FanLinc. Documentation to explain how it works will be forthcoming.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:10 am
Brandt offline

Possible bug:

It creates two device types:
FanLinc Fan & FanLinc Light.

Model type in the table view reads correctly, but when clicking on the actual devices, the model type says FanLinc Light for both in the pop-up.

Indigo 7 w/ Dual-Band 2413U PLM
macOS High Sierra 10.13.x
2011 iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:21 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

It is supposed to create 2 devices. Whenever you edit either device it really edits the main device, which is always the "Light" one. We'll probably tweak the UI so that the model label in the device dialog just says "FanLinc" instead of "FanLinc Light" since the dialog is really editing both devices.

Posted on
Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:21 pm
paduck offline

OK, first off, AWESOME that you added the FanLinc so quickly! This is really great! I got it loaded up in 5.1 right away. I added both the fan and light to my scripts and that's good as well. :P

One question:

I have the Fanlinc (light & fan) linked to a 6 button KPL. If I send a command to turn off the Keypad, the Fanlinc stays on. Likewise, if I send a command to the Fanlinc, the status of the KPL remains unchanged. I'm probably missing something easy, but is there a way to make them move in concert? I thought I had that with them synced together. I suppose I could use a Trigger.

Posted on
Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:04 pm
Brandt offline

Use the powerlinc scenes

Posted on
Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:21 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yeah, INSTEON linking isn't really scene/state aware, and direct commands from Indigo to turn on/off a specific device only target that device and all links are ignored by the module. One of the solutions, as Brandt mentions, is to use a PowerLinc scene instead. You can create a PowerLinc scene that targets multiple modules with a single command, and then execute that scene (which sends a group/scene command) instead of trying to directly command a single module.

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:49 pm
Brandt offline

Is there going to be any way to control FanLinc speed in Indigo Touch? At this point it only appears as an appliance module with on and off.

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:10 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Brandt wrote:
Is there going to be any way to control FanLinc speed in Indigo Touch? At this point it only appears as an appliance module with on and off.

I was wondering when someone would notice and ask that. :-)

The next major rev of Indigo Touch should have the new UI to control it, but we don't have an ETA on that yet. In the mean time the options are: use the Web UI (Safari), create Action Groups (accessible from Indigo Touch) for the different speeds, or add the controls to a graphical Control Page.

Posted on
Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:27 am
mwarner offline

Another question regarding Indigo touch, I've assigned the light control of the fanlinc to my master bedroom in Indigo, but it won't show up in that location in the mobile app, and remains in the master device list. Is that "normal" for now?

Thanks again for adding the fanlinc support so quickly.

Mark

Posted on
Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:41 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Mark,

By assigning it to the master bedroom, do you mean you moved it into that folder? I just tried changing the folders of both FanLinc devices (light and fan), and they both showed up in the correct folders on Indigo Touch. Can you provide more specific steps to the problem?

Posted on
Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:51 am
lharris9 offline

I am having my electrician come over to install the five fanlincs over the next few days. Do I need to be there to do the setup while the fan is open or can I just tell me to give the Insteon ID for each fan and then I can set up Indigo when I get home with the IDs?
Thanks

Posted on
Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:57 am
mwarner offline

I thought I had moved it to my master bedroom folder, but after checking again back home, I realized that I must not have moved it after all since it was still sitting in the main device list. Sorry, my stupid mistake.

Mark

support wrote:
Hi Mark,

By assigning it to the master bedroom, do you mean you moved it into that folder? I just tried changing the folders of both FanLinc devices (light and fan), and they both showed up in the correct folders on Indigo Touch. Can you provide more specific steps to the problem?

Posted on
Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:01 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

lharris9 wrote:
I am having my electrician come over to install the five fanlincs over the next few days. Do I need to be there to do the setup while the fan is open or can I just tell me to give the Insteon ID for each fan and then I can set up Indigo when I get home with the IDs?

Indigo just needs the INSTEON address, so in theory you don't need to be there.

That said, it might be useful to be there so you can test to make it to make sure: 1) it is wired correctly, 2) the FanLinc is working correctly.

Page 4 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9