Motion Sensor 2420M malfunction

Posted on
Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:19 am
mswall offline

Motion Sensor 2420M malfunction

This morning when I armed my Indigo based security system, my cell was called before I even got out of my neighborhood. It was one of my three 2420M motion sensors. I used the iPhone to reset my system and within two minutes, it called again. After checking my cameras that no one was actually in the house, I check my Indigo log from work and saw that since the early hours today, that sensor is issuing a ( button 1 ) on and off every two minutes without a break. Seems that it has gone off in the weeds badly. I won't be able to do anything with it until I arrive back home this afternoon, but I'm guessing it just needs to have the battery pulled and re-installed, OR it is acting up from the battery getting low ( though no button 3 was ever issued ). Ever seen this before? This sensor is in my house and has never been used outside. I have a camera mounted right next to it, and can see there is nothing moving in that room.
Thanks.

Posted on
Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:32 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Motion Sensor 2420M malfunction

Interestingly, I had one do that exact same think a couple of weeks ago - pulling the battery and replacing it fixed it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:13 am
mswall offline

Re: Motion Sensor 2420M malfunction

Thanks Jay. Those pesky electrons....

Page 1 of 1