Anyone every been able to get an EZUIRT to work???

Posted on
Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:27 pm
Helowarrior offline

Anyone every been able to get an EZUIRT to work???

Trying to get an EZUIRT to work with a switchlinc. I want to be able to press a button on the switchlinc at the top of my stairs and have it turn on my surround sound receiver and satellite receiver in our theater room downstairs which plays music through the ceiling speakers on the main level of our home. I would also like to be able to press another button on the switchlinc which would turn both off. I am using Indigo 4. Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.

Posted on
Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:33 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Anyone every been able to get an EZUIRT to work???

Give the instructions on this thread a try. If you get stuck or something doesn't work correctly, then detail exactly what you tried and I'll try to help.

Posted on
Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:26 am
devnull offline

EZUIRT w/ Indigo Detailed errors

I've spent a fair number of hours attempting to get a EZUIRT setup to receive IR commands, with intentions to execute triggers via remote control button press events e.g. dim the lights, turn on whole house fan, etc...

Steps to add IR code to EZUIRT:

1) Plug in EZUIRT
2) Add new device to Indigo 4.0 b5
3) Press set button for 4-5 seconds resulting in the following event
<pre>PowerLinc Linking - received module button pressed from 01.70.BD</pre>
4) Pressed desired control button on remote
5) Clicked on the "Send PowerLinc Set Button Pressed" via Indigo
<pre>Sent INSTEON broadcast set button down</pre>
6) The Blue LED continues to blink - A PA wiki post leads me to believe that it should stop upon a successful link.

In some cases I've attempted to press the set button after sending the code also with no luck. In an effort to protect my sanity, went a head and loaded up VMware and the SHN utility where I'm able to read remote IR codes and transmit IR codes to devices :/ I've plugged the units in serially to remove line noise / interference as a possibility.

At this point I'm assuming that the device is functioning as it should but am wondering if "firmware revision 0.4" has introduced new/changed linking signaling or a potential bug. If you need some more detail let me know.

Relevant detail:

Remotes:

- URC-MX900
- Sony TV Remote for testing
- Logitech Harmony 890
- Logitech Harmony 1000

Event Log:
<pre>
PowerLinc Linking - entered responder linking mode (240 seconds)
PowerLinc Linking - syncing PowerLinc links (address 0E.16.E3)
PowerLinc Linking - . . . read: INSTEON plc link to controller 01.70.BD, flags 03, group 01, data 00 00 FF
PowerLinc Linking - . . . read: deleted link
PowerLinc Linking - comparing local and powerlinc links
PowerLinc Linking - . . match: remote link is identical to new link 01.70.BD, flags 03, group 01
PowerLinc Linking - compare complete
PowerLinc Linking - sync complete
PowerLinc Linking - sending id request for device information
PowerLinc Linking - received id request response from 01.70.BD
PowerLinc Linking - received duplicate id request response
PowerLinc Linking - initializing remote device "new device" (address 01.70.BD, firmware version 0.4)
PowerLinc Linking - initialize complete
PowerLinc Linking - syncing remote device "new device" (address 01.70.BD, firmware version 0.4)
PowerLinc Linking - syncing of this device type not possible remotely (skipping)
PowerLinc Linking - sync complete
PowerLinc Linking - device 01.70.BD links updated
PowerLinc Linking - exited linking mode
</pre>

Thanks....

--d
Last edited by devnull on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:27 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: EZUIRT w/ Indigo Detailed errors

I don't believe Wiki page specifies this, but the EZUIRT has different steps than the IRLinc. Take a look at the EZUIRT Quick-Start sheet included with the EZUIRT. Here are the complete steps. I've changed the 3rd step to specify when to press the "Send PowerLinc Set Button Pressed" button:
  • Press and hold the pushbutton on the side of EZUIRT for about 10 seconds. Its LED will flash about once per second (slow rate) indicating EZUIRT is listening for an IR code.
  • On the IR remote press the button to be used for control. The LED on the side of the EZUIRT will flash more rapidly when it “sees” the IR signal—EZUIRT is now in linking mode.
  • Press the "Send PowerLinc Set Button Pressed" button inside the Device dialog for the already defined EZUIRT. The LED on the EZUIRT will continue blinking as it stays in linking mode ready to accept additional devices.
  • If no additional devices need to be linked, end the linking process by pressing the pushbutton on the EZUIRT for about 4 seconds. The LED on the EZUIRT will turn off.
  • We now tell EZUIRT, via taps on its pushbutton, which INSTEON command to send. Tap the pushbutton a number of times corresponding to the desired command to be sent upon receiving this code. 1 tap = ON command, 2 taps = OFF command, 3 taps = Toggle ON/OFF, 4 taps = not used, 5 taps = Brighten, 6 taps = Dim
  • Now end the linking process by pressing the pushbutton on the EZUIRT for about 4 seconds. Its LED will glow steadily again.

Posted on
Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:50 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

support wrote:
I don't believe Wiki page specifies this, but the EZUIRT has different steps than the IRLinc.

It did, but perhaps wasn't clear enough. I've added verbiage at the top of the page explaining that the page is really only for the IRLincs, and a reference to the forum post about the EZUIRT.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:59 am
devnull offline

Matt -

I've followed the steps and documented each state, something still isn't right. Sorry for being dense, there appears to be something that I'm still missing.

Step 1: Press and hold pushbutton for 10s results in a "dull" slow blinking light
Step 2: Send IR command from remote (LED on side blinks while tx/rx)
Step 3: Press the "Send PowerLinc Set Button Pressed" and Indigo reports
<pre> Sent INSTEON broadcast set button down</pre>
Step 4: Pressing the pushbutton on the EZUIRT for about 4s returns the blue LED to steady dull state.
Step 5: Entered tap sequence
Step 6: Press pushbutton for 4s to end linking results in
<pre> PowerLinc Linking - received module button pressed from 01.70.BD</pre>

Given these results and natural deduction process on my side I've tried the following as well:

Step 1: Press and hold pushbutton for 4s results in a "bright" slow blinking light and Indigo reporting
Step 2: Send IR command from remote (LED on side blinks while tx/rx)
Step 3: Press the "Send PowerLinc Set Button Pressed" and Indigo reports
<pre> Sent INSTEON broadcast set button down</pre>
Step 4: Pressing the pushbutton on the EZUIRT for about 4s returns the blue LED to steady dull state
Step 5: Entered tap sequence
Step 6: Press pushbutton for 4s to end linking results in "bright" slow blinking light and Indigo reporting

TIA,

--d

Posted on
Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:05 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Let's try taking Indigo out of the equation. What happens if you follows the EZUIRT Quick-Start instructions to link the EZUIRT to a LampLinc, SwitchLinc, etc., (to be controlled from an IR remote)?

Posted on
Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:22 pm
devnull offline

support wrote:
Let's try taking Indigo out of the equation. What happens if you follows the EZUIRT Quick-Start instructions to link the EZUIRT to a LampLinc, SwitchLinc, etc., (to be controlled from an IR remote)?

Seems reasonable.... I've setup a SwitchLinc v2 to be the target for an IR command.

Step 0: Factory reset (unplugged device for 10s, pressed pushbutton and plugged in while holding down the pushbutton for 12s)

Step 1: Press and hold the pushbutton on the side of EZUIRT for about 10 seconds. Its LED will flash about once per second (slow rate) indicating EZUIRT is listening for an IR code.

<pre>EZUIRT entered dull slow rate</pre>

Step 2: On the IR remote press the button to be used for control. The LED on the side of the EZUIRT will flash more rapidly when it “sees” the IR signal—EZUIRT is now in linking mode.

<pre>IR code triggered LED on side to flash</pre>

Step 3: To link one or several INSTEON devices to this code, press the pushbutton on the INSTEON device to be controlled until its LED (or the load connected to it) flashes indicating a successful link. The LED on the EZUIRT will continue blinking as it stays in linking mode ready to accept additional devices.

<pre>Load flashed on the target device</pre>

Step 4: If no additional devices need to be linked, end the linking process by pressing the pushbutton on the EZUIRT for about 4 seconds. The LED on the EZUIRT will turn off.

Step 5: We now tell EZUIRT, via taps on its pushbutton, which INSTEON command to send. Tap the pushbutton number of times corresponding to the desired command to be sent upon receiving this code.

Step 6: Now end the linking process by pressing the pushbutton on the EZUIRT for about 4 seconds. Its LED will glow steadily again.

<pre>Load flashed on the target device</pre>

Remote still doesn't work, I've called the VAR that sold the device and am not placing a call to smarthomenet. Will post an update once I speak with the manufacturer.

Thanks,

--d

Posted on
Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:53 pm
Korey offline

Re: Anyone every been able to get an EZUIRT to work???

I have gotten my EZUIRT to successfully learn and transmit Pioneer IR Codes, but not Apple or Anthem codes. :(

I am looking to control my A/V system with Insteon commands (Press a button to a Keypadlinc, have IR transmitted to my AV components to turn them on or off make sure they are on the correct input for the playlist in itunes that is linked to the same button) I am currently doing this with a kluge of old PC software along with HCA on a PC, looking for a more elegant solution that is compatible with Indigo.

Seems like the Global Cache unit would be the one to get, hopefully it will be supported in Indigo v5

Or is the IRTRANS the unit to get with indigo?

Anyone want my brand new EZUIRT? $100.00 + Shipping.

--
Korey

--
Korey

Page 1 of 1