OutletLinc doesn't turn LED lights off completely.

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:17 am
SearchCz offline

OutletLinc doesn't turn LED lights off completely.

I think this is one of those known *features* of OutLetLincs, but decided to ask about it anyways.

I use OutletLinc outlets to control small picture lights on some of my artwork. They are small bulbs in the first place, 30W max in the fixture. I just had one 15w bulb burn out, so I tried replacing both bulbs with LED replacements. Now whenever the outlet is "off", those LED bulbs remain dimly lit. I thought it might be a product of load sensing, but I can't find a way to turn that feature off (and don't think it would make any difference if I did).

Any ideas on how I can get the OutletLinc to turn this fixture OFF for real?

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:12 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: OutletLinc doesn't turn LED lights off completely.

This is a known issue with how Insteon devices power themselves - they allow a very small trickle of power through in order to power themselves. LEDs have always been a challenge for them.

[MODERATOR NOTE]: moved to the Insteon forum.

I should probably backstep a bit: some Insteon devices (usually older ones) have this issue. Usually they are the wall wart variety that don't have access to the neutral line for power. You might want to contact Insteon and ask for recommendations on your specific model.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1