ZRC_90 scene controller

Posted on
Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:51 pm
autolog offline

Re: ZRC_90 scene controller

Your Device Settings are the same which I guess is good news - means Indigo should support it. :)

To exclude you have to press the L button.

Read the section on Z-Wave Learn Mode.

The R button is used to remove a device from the ZRC-90 when the ZRC-90 is being used as a Z-Wave Central Scene Controller..
You are wanting to use is as a Secondary Scene Controller so you shouldn't use the R button unless you want to do the factory reset..

The Reset should set it back to Factory Defaults and allow you to include it using the L button.

Posted on
Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:27 am
yassi offline

Yes, they are identical.

Ok, indeed the documentation is faulty ("R" - remove device, but that means not the scene controller).

BTW, I've excluded it now with the "L" button, included again, Indigo assigned to it another node ID, synced, but now way. even resetted it again. Only battery status...!!!
I have a simple trigger to send me a Prowl message.
Doesn't matter which button I press, I've get the same: battery status messages, nothing else.

Can you post please again the URL for the section "Z-Wave Learn Mode"? Doesn't work.

Thanks,
Yassi

Posted on
Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:08 am
autolog offline

Hi Yassi,
Z-Wave Learn Mode is a major section in your user manual. It comes after Setup and Operations and before Z-Wave Wakeup (Listening mode).

The only thing I can suggest now is to turn on Z-Wave debugging (via main Indigo menu > interfaces > Z-Wave > Configure... > Check Show debug logging in Event Log Window.

Press a button and then post what the Z-Wave is returning - we (or more likely Matt) might be able to see something.. :)

btw - Are you absolutely sure that you have done a full factory reset on it successfully. After a full factory reset, you should be able to press L to re-include it again as a new node.

Posted on
Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:14 am
yassi offline

Ok, FINALLY!!! :lol:
I've got it working, hurrrrrrray!

This time I've excluded it again, but not via Indigo. I've excluded via the Gen5 stick.
Included again, works!!!
Don't know what the reason was, but it works, that's important.

Folks, thank you very much! Especially Jon! :wink:

Yassi

Posted on
Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:25 am
autolog offline

Hi Yassi,
Glad it is now working for you. You can now enjoy what it is capable of doing - it really is quite a useful device.

The only thing that would make it better IMO, is to have raised bumps on the dots on the switches so that when you use it when it is dark (we have it as bedside switches for our LIFX lamps) it would be easier to tell what button you are pressing. :)

Posted on
Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:32 am
yassi offline

Thank you for your support Jon!

Yes, actually for the price so much scenes, it's good!
The idea with the bumps is not bad, maybe they will change it some day.
Wonder how long the batteries will last.
What for an wake-up interval did you set?

Already set up some scenes (Away, Home, Night and so on) will test them today!

Yassi

P.S. Ah, and finally will get my Echo Dot on Monday, so, don't wonder if I still have some questions :lol:

Posted on
Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:43 am
autolog offline

Hi Yassi,
yassi wrote:
... What for an wake-up interval did you set? ...

I have got them set to once a day - I guess it depends on how often you want battery updates? :)

Posted on
Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:25 am
yassi offline

Ok, got it!
Set it also to "once per day".

Oh no, I replace enough batteries for my Aeotec keyfob (the worst device I have, because of the huge battery usage).

Have a nice weekend!

Yassi

Posted on
Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:41 pm
howartp offline

Bumps are a nice idea, but I have my main ZRC by my bed, hand held.

I can feel the edges of the buttons (starting at 1) in the dark so never had a problem hitting wrong one. Always use my thumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:59 pm
geowar offline

Apr 2023: I just ran into the same issues… had to factory reset and then learn again now it correctly reports individual button presses instead of just battery level.