z-wave poll device state interval question

Posted on
Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:36 pm
Seeker offline

z-wave poll device state interval question

I have several older z-wave devices that don't report status automatically/as quickly as newer ones. in the device settings, poll device state the indigo options are as often as possible, 5 minutes, 10, 30, hourly, only when activity detected.

I have a couple of devices that trigger other actions when turned on, and the followup actions are time-sensitive. my only work around has been to set these to as often as possible. otherwise, it's up to 5 minutes to trigger.

is there a way this poll device option could be modified in indigo to have more steps between as often as possible and 5 minutes? like every minute, every 30 seconds, or is this a z-wave limitation? other workarounds?

Posted on
Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:48 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: z-wave poll device state interval question

Try creating a new Schedule using the Every N hours M minutes and Z seconds option. Select the Hide executions in Event Log checkbox (bottom-left), then for the Action use the type Device Actions -> Universal Controls -> Request Full Status. That might still show the commands in the Event Log, but we can try using a script if that is the case.

Page 1 of 1