Frequent error messages in log

Posted on
Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:01 am
pgershon offline

Frequent error messages in log

I get frequent messages like the following:

DSC Alarm Error Connection RX Error: read failed: [Errno 54] Connection reset by peer
DSC Alarm Error Tried to send data but socket seems to have closed. Trying to re-initialize.
DSC Alarm Initializing communication at address: 192.168.1.11:4025
DSC Alarm Communication established
DSC Alarm Connected to Envisalink.

Seems to happen every few minutes. I have seen this in the past and been able to make it stop by rebooting the Envisalink. But recently the message in the log comes and goes for hours at a time - I don seem to be able to stop it.

Any ideas what I might try?

Posted on
Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:12 am
lochnesz offline

Re: Frequent error messages in log

There is a known bug for at least EVL-4 where too much broadcast in the network may cause the EVL-4 NIC to reset. The workaround is to upgrade to a version where this is fixed but with that version comes the limitation that the local zone grid and zone status web pages are removed. You can contact Envisalink support and they can do the upgrade for you (support@eyezon.com).

This may or may not be the issue you are experiencing.

Posted on
Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:49 pm
pgershon offline

Thanks - one additional question before I reach out to them. I have noticed that my panel frequently says "unable to communicate" briefly when I go to arm system, but this clears up rather quickly on its own. It's like something is cycling or resetting. Would the Envisalink reset affect the panel's ability to communicate with the system as well?

Posted on
Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:10 am
pgershon offline

By way of update, the Eyezon support was great. They looked up my device and said it had the oldest firmware the represented and encountered from 2011. The rep flashed my firmware with their 2020 version, which was their last (I have an EVL-3 not an EVL-4). Regardless whatever they did seems to have resolved the problems - at least for now. I think all my IOT devices (I have over 100) were causing issues with the EVL-3, and the new firmware seems to have resolved the problem.

Posted on
Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:54 pm
lochnesz offline

pgershon wrote:
Thanks - one additional question before I reach out to them. I have noticed that my panel frequently says "unable to communicate" briefly when I go to arm system, but this clears up rather quickly on its own. It's like something is cycling or resetting. Would the Envisalink reset affect the panel's ability to communicate with the system as well?

My experience is that all bus wired panel communication still worked when the NIC restarted, but you may have another issue.

Posted on
Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:54 pm
lochnesz offline

pgershon wrote:
By way of update, the Eyezon support was great. They looked up my device and said it had the oldest firmware the represented and encountered from 2011. The rep flashed my firmware with their 2020 version, which was their last (I have an EVL-3 not an EVL-4). Regardless whatever they did seems to have resolved the problems - at least for now. I think all my IOT devices (I have over 100) were causing issues with the EVL-3, and the new firmware seems to have resolved the problem.

Great!

Page 1 of 1