Connecting Somfy ILT2 motors to Indigo Home Automation

Posted on
Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:14 am
CPJO offline

Connecting Somfy ILT2 motors to Indigo Home Automation

I have just moved into a home with Crestron controlling my blinds. I want to replace Crestron with Indigo and control all home automation from removable wall mounted iPads. I have 8 blinds with ILT2 motors, they are connected to a TAP which then connects to an RS232-RS485 convertor. Somfy recommended I purchase a Somfy IP interface. I did this but this only allows me to control the blinds from a desktop using the Somfy GUI. Can anyone tell me what I need to buy/attach to either the RS232-RS485 convertor or the IP interface to enable me to have Indigo control the blinds. I am in very new territory and would appreciate any help.

Posted on
Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:55 am
norm offline

Re: Connecting Somfy ILT2 motors to Indigo Home Automation

Hi:

Have you considered the I/O Linc - INSTEON to Somfy RF Drape Control Kit that we have at our store?

Contact me via the MacHomeStore site and I can email you the QuickStart Sheet so you can evaluate if the kit will work in your situation.

Good Luck!

— Norm
Indigo Store
10 Years Serving the Indigo Community

Posted on
Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:31 pm
CraigM offline

@Norm- That's the setup I have except I installed before there was a 'kit', so I have the EZio version wired to the Somfy Controller.

My solar shades [3] are powered by Somfy LT-30 motors [battery powered]. You need a Somfy remote to program the high/low stop positions. Then Indigo does the rest.

Mine are programmed from April>Oct to:
- LOWER @ [Sunset -540 minutes]
- RAISE half way @ [Sunset -16 minutes]
- RAISE the rest of the way to full OPEN @ [Sunset -1 minutes]

And I can also manually control from a KPL and Control Page.

I've had it for years. Very reliable, and strong signal from controller > motors

@CPJO- Not sure if this helps with your blinds, but I wanted to throw this info out to the masses.

Posted on
Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:56 pm
gordontibbitts offline

I am new to installing drapes automation and searched the posts for a method that where EZio or the I/O Linc (drap control kit) allows Indigo to control various levels of lowering and raising the drapes versus all up and all down. This post implies that there is a "RAISE half way..." method. Shall I proceed with faith that this is possible. My application is going to lower the drapes various levels depending on temperature and sun light (I have those triggers figures out).

Posted on
Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:26 am
CraigM offline

gordontibbitts wrote:
I am new to installing drapes automation and searched the posts for a method that where EZio or the I/O Linc (drap control kit) allows Indigo to control various levels of lowering and raising the drapes versus all up and all down. This post implies that there is a "RAISE half way..." method. Shall I proceed with faith that this is possible. My application is going to lower the drapes various levels depending on temperature and sun light (I have those triggers figures out).

My method is not high tech, but it works.

First off the Somfy Dry Contact Interface http://www.smarthome.com/318276/Dry-Contact-Interface-for-Somfy-RTS-Motors/p.aspx gives you three controls, Up [output 1], Down [output 2], Stop [output 3], so its a matter of looking at your watch and timing how long it takes to get from position A to position B.

For my solar shades it takes .15 min to go from the OPEN position > STOP-MID.

My DownStopMid scheduled Action Group looks like this:
- PowerLinc Scene turns ON KPL Button 7 [down button]
- Control Input/Output Device [action= turn ON output] [output 2]
- Control Input/Output Device [action= turn ON output] [output 3] delay by .15 minutes
- PowerLinc Scene turns OFF KPL Button 7 [down button] delay by .15 minutes
- Modify Variable [set to: MID]

Hope this helps, good luck

Posted on
Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:47 am
gordontibbitts offline

Thank you very much! I will give this a try

Page 1 of 1