VoiceMail on the Mac

Posted on
Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:08 pm
gray offline

VoiceMail on the Mac

I am finally upgrading my old Leopard server running Indigo and PhoneValet to a new mini running Lion.

The migration of Indigo looks easy, but it looks like PhoneValet is discontinued. Years ago I used to run Phlink, but that also looks discontinued.

Are there no more voice mail applications for the Mac any more? I mostly want to just get incoming calls recorded and emailed to me. Integration with Indigo is a bonus, but not required.

Thanks for any info.

Posted on
Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:45 am
nsheldon offline

Re: VoiceMail on the Mac

What about "CoMa X"? I've never used it, but I found it just tonight and it appears to support 10.7.

http://www.hartmann-b.de/CoMa/CoMa_X_en.html

If you're talking about VoIP, there are more expensive and complex solutions. Asterisk comes to mind (full-featured open-source PBX). But something like Asterisk requires a great deal of telecom knowledge and, for a maintained Mac version, lots of money.

Posted on
Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:27 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I use Vonage for my land lines - they email (and attempt to transcribe to text) voice mail messages among other things. I kept hoping they'd introduce an API to allow integration with other apps but it seems that will never happen. Too bad, they seem to have a platform that would be pretty much ideal in that respect.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:23 pm
rnakoneshny offline

I too have been looking for a replacement to Phlink and found Dialectic ( http://www.jonn8.com/dialectic/ )

It's cheap ($25), scriptable, and works with my Phlink hardware or without if you don't have it. The site says it's compatible with Mountain Lion and It has a demo to download and try for 30 days so I'm going to give it a whirl. My mac has been stuck in Snow Leopard land because I didn't want to give up the great features of Phlink. It certainly looks promising. I"ll keep ya'll posted.

Posted on
Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:48 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Please do - I've got that one on my list but never seem to have the time to try it out...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:55 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Been using Dialectic for a while now, albeit not for voicemail, but it's been
very adept at getting CID info into Indigo for me. Nice little app too, very few resources.

Carl

Page 1 of 1