Arm / Disarm PS561 Voice Dialer Security Console

Posted on
Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:30 am
Lewisba offline

Arm / Disarm PS561 Voice Dialer Security Console

I searched the forum and found several discussions on this topic that are 5-6 years old. I'm wondering if there's any new information in this area.

I'd like to be able to have Indigo arm and disarm a PS561 voice dialer security console. Has anyone figured out how to use Indigo to send either an X10 or RF command to control this device?

Thanks!

Posted on
Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:06 pm
Brandt offline

Re: Arm / Disarm PS561 Voice Dialer Security Console

I believe it can only be disarmed with the X10 security remotes, which uses a different frequency than the 310Mhz X10 lighting remotes.

Indigo 7 w/ Dual-Band 2413U PLM
macOS High Sierra 10.13.x
2011 iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:41 pm
jtimleck offline

I have the same question/problem to solve - Someone correct me if I'm wrong, maybe this sequence of problem solving would work - but can it be done I don't know?

1. The X10 Powerhouse remote is paired with the PS561 Console during set up.

2. That means it issues some kind of frequency paired command that is recognized by the console whenever ARM/DISARM is pushed on the remote.

3. This would mean one would need to "record" that transmission frequency and convert it to digital somehow (to save as a trigger object???) as the paired frequency and code transmitted by the remote itself (BTW, I assume the pairing is the same for any number of remotes paired to it since we have multiple remotes and they couldn't be transmitting unique codes but it IS possible they are different too).

4. Need some kind of plug in "transmitter" (a plugged in X10 that transmitted the same radio frequency as the remotes) that would transmit the value recorded above for ARM or DISARM.

So the questions then are 1) is it possible to record the frequency, capture it somehow and save it as an action that can then be broadcast as an action (ARM/DISARM) through some kind of transmitter.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:53 pm
jtimleck offline

I think I found a partial answer

http://www.x10.com/promotions/sw46a_ed_ ... _0929.html

scroll down and you'll see the equipment that notes a transceiver module (for LAN reception) and a PC Transceiver (I assume to receive the coded transceiver's signal)

now the problem tho is that this is for PC - but the transceivers could be jacked to work with Indigo maybe - a $20.00 experiment I might just try

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:17 pm
Lewisba offline

It looks like the CM19A is what communicates with the security console. However, a search of this forum shows an old post indicating that Mac drivers don't exist for it.

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:44 pm
jtimleck offline

:cry: wah... sigh. I looked into the other software - gawd it's ugly. we'll see. I was thinking could run ActiveHome in windowed PC (I have VirtualPC on my PowerMac that runs as my home server, that would work) though seems like overkill to just get the functionality of a "remote" on the iPhone for the security system - don't see a work around though at this time (and unlikely it seems in the future). ho hum...

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:13 am
Lewisba offline

If you don't need the voice dialer you could do what I'm doing now. I use Indigo with motion sensors and a couple power horns. When I leave the house I hit a key chain remote that 'activates' the system. Motion sensor triggers are enabled and lights begin turning on and off around the house to simulate activity. The motion sensor triggers set off the power horns, turn on lights, and send me a text message. And because I'm not using security specific devices it's all contollable through the Indigo Touch app.

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:34 pm
jtimleck offline

Thanks for the tip Lewisba - Since I'm messing around deciding if I'll take the Indigo plunge completely that raises a question:

Can indigo recognize the X10 Powerhouse window and door "open/close" sensors? I'm trying to remember, I know you can address them and all but can remember if Indigo can receive their state using the X10 transceivers.

Per the arming remote then... So, with a basic "SlimFire" X10 remote then do you send a "on" state, via an X10 transceiver, to Indigo? Motion sensors are more or less out of the question because we have a cat - it's just asking for trouble setting that up.

I appreciate any thoughts, feedback.

thanks
Andrew

Page 1 of 1