View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Controlling outdoor lights 

Post Controlling outdoor lights
Hi all,

I apologize if this has been covered already, but I tried a search and didn't find exactly what I needed.

I have 3 outdoor sockets ('waterproofed'), and I use them mostly for outdoor lights during the holidays. Well, I'd like to not have to go outside every night to turn them off (lazy, I know...). I have Indigo set up through my Mac, which I use to control my sprinkler system, thermostat and a few lights around the house. I haven't seen any waterproof sockets anywhere that I could switch out. Any suggestions?

Thanks. John

Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Post Re: Controlling outdoor lights
If they are on the same breaker (or if you can add a new breaker and move them to it), you could put an inlinelinc http://www.smarthome.com/2475SDB/In-LineLinc-Relay-INSTEON-Remote-Control-In-Line-On-Off-Switch-Dual-Band/p.aspx in the breaker panel.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:42 pm

Post Re: Controlling outdoor lights
Could you also swap out a switchlinc for the switch that controls those sockets?

Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]