View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 total newbie - RF capability question 

Post total newbie - RF capability question
Hi, as the title says- I have no prior experience w/ home automation. My particular issue is that my garage is about 100ft from back of house and on a separate electrical service. I want to be able to monitor/control three separate garage doors as well as some of the lights. Security cameras might be considered as well. Is this doable w/an Access point module and appropriate controller/sensors?
Thanks.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:12 am

Post Re: total newbie - RF capability question
I have a pool house that's about 150 ft away on a separate service. I am able to control the lights there via access points. However, it is occasionally spotty and it's hard to recommend for anything that is "mission critical". I think someone recommended running conduit and electricity from the main house to the outbuilding and putting an access point on that extension with a nearby access point inside the outbuilding. Would likely improve communication.

re the IP cameras, wireless ethernet extenders are readily available although pricy, so it is doable.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]