View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page: Previous  1, 2
 Siri 
Site Admin

Post Re: Siri
Unfortunately, the Wolfram integration is built into Siri and it isn't something we can use for Indigo. Our fingers are crossed that they will provide a real API for 3rd parties in the future.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:44 am
Profile WWW

Perhaps a model like this would work?

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/siri/

Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:30 pm
Site Admin

That is a clever technique. Our next major rev of Indigo Touch is still a bit far down the road, so hopefully by then we'll have some real Siri APIs. But if not we'll look into other techniques such as this.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:36 pm
Profile WWW

Here's an interesting implementation that uses a proxy server to intercept Siri traffic:
http://www.tipb.com/2011/11/21/develope ... ver-video/
The advantage to this over using SMS is that it can respond to queries (e.g. What is the inside temperature?).

Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:58 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Site Admin

Pretty cool - unfortunately it only works on your local home network (or perhaps if you VPN to your home network). There are so many ways Apple could allow 3rd parties to integrate if they would just publish it...

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:42 am
Profile WWW

jay wrote:Pretty cool - unfortunately it only works on your local home network (or perhaps if you VPN to your home network). There are so many ways Apple could allow 3rd parties to integrate if they would just publish it...

... Listening to music last night, envisioning open mics around the house to capture my "Siri" commands. "Siri!.. next track please.." "Siri!.. Turn the volume up 5%.." "Siri, Turn the fireplace on.." The possibilities are endless. Voice control would be the ultimate convenience factor in HA, I hope the publish the API. :?

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:03 am

Korey wrote:Voice control would be the ultimate convenience factor in HA

That's the dream for me too. Open microphones in every room is pretty tricky to pull off because of the noise, but I've been playing around with using motion detectors to turn mics on only when someone is present in the room.

The Siri API will be great. I can't imagine that it's too far off. There's a lot of demand for it in the Apple dev community. A Mac OS version of Siri will be nice as well. :)

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:12 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page: Previous  1, 2