Instead using Indigo, VR, etc...

Indigo 7 w/ Dual-Band 2413U PLM
macOS High Sierra 10.13.x
2011 iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Posted on
Thu May 26, 2011 4:25 am
anode offline

Re: Grocery Shopping

I was going to use a barcode scanner with FileMaker and a USB touch screen monitor.

Posted on
Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:42 pm
mat offline

I've added a shopping list control page. It has 30 variables shop1, shop2 etc.

As I'm cooking i can add to the list control page that we need - on the wall mounted iPad ;). Then when someone is out shopping they access the page from their iPhone - shopping list never forgotten!

Each variable field has a button next to it to clear the item when I've picked it off the shelf, and the list then re-populates towards the top to limit scrolling.

It also means that if someone is out shopping, they can see what we need at home without asking!

We don't drink a lot of milk, so I added a special variable just for the milk with a date next to it of when it expires - it goes out of date before we finish the bottle.

If your bored at home you can watch items disappear off the list as they are picked up, or add stuff too the list!

Works a treat

I found that the easiest way to link shopping into indigo. I tried a couple of the bar code scanner apps for iPhone. They were all a bit of a fiddle, but did work - I just couldn't get the data into indigo

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:49 pm
Brandt offline

I think I read that in Indigo 5 we could share control pages :)

mat wrote:
I've added a shopping list control page. It has 30 variables shop1, shop2 etc.

As I'm cooking i can add to the list control page that we need - on the wall mounted iPad ;). Then when someone is out shopping they access the page from their iPhone - shopping list never forgotten!

Each variable field has a button next to it to clear the item when I've picked it off the shelf, and the list then re-populates towards the top to limit scrolling.

It also means that if someone is out shopping, they can see what we need at home without asking!

We don't drink a lot of milk, so I added a special variable just for the milk with a date next to it of when it expires - it goes out of date before we finish the bottle.

If your bored at home you can watch items disappear off the list as they are picked up, or add stuff too the list!

Works a treat

I found that the easiest way to link shopping into indigo. I tried a couple of the bar code scanner apps for iPhone. They were all a bit of a fiddle, but did work - I just couldn't get the data into indigo

Indigo 7 w/ Dual-Band 2413U PLM
macOS High Sierra 10.13.x
2011 iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Posted on
Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:44 am
FaTMax offline

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why there is no code uploaded here! I NEED this!

Posted on
Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:00 am
macpro offline

There's an app for that!

Check out Appie at the appstore. It's from the Dutch "Albert Heijn" stores and it synchronizes between multiple iOS devices and their website.

Posted on
Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:40 am
FaTMax offline

I know that, and the new Reminders app is awesome, but I can see myself using this more because of the way the household already uses controlpages.

Posted on
Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:42 am
mat offline

If your looking for the bar code scanner code, sorry not integrated beyond me!

I have control page shopping list set up as above. V simple, but let me know if you need more details on what I have done.

Mat

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Page 1 of 1