X-10 Range/Multiple Breakers

Posted on
Sun May 08, 2011 3:43 am
bulphan offline

X-10 Range/Multiple Breakers

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can advise/assist?

I have an X10 setup in the house which works fine using a CM11 (although looking to replace with a CM15 Pro). I've added an Appliance Module to my Garage, but it does not respond. I've replaced the AM12 with a second unit, but same problem.....so it's not just a faulty Appliance Module.

The Garage is around 80ft from the house, and is hard wired from the Houses Main Circuit Breaker to a second Circuit Breaker in the Garage. Excuse my ignorance here as I'm not an electrician......so if I flip a Breaker in the house on the Main board, I can switch of ALL the Circuits in the Garage, OR I can flip individual breakers in the Garage to isolate Lighting/Mains Sockets, etc..... This to me is a "Single Phase" setup?

I have a TM13 in a room in the house that is closest to the Garage, and hoped that by adding a second TM13 in the Garage that this would "extend" the range ...... but obviously not.....

So, I'm assuming that the problem I'm having is the RANGE of the X10 setup....in terms of the length of mains cable? OR that because it's on a seperate "mains feed" that I need some sort of Coupler/Repeater?

Would someone please be able to give me a simple answer/solution to this problem? If I require a coupler/repeater that needs to fitted into the Mains Circuit Breaker, then presumably I'd need to replace the existing Breaker/"LINK" to the Garage with a "Marmitek" (or similar brand)?

Anyway, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
James

Posted on
Sun May 08, 2011 2:04 pm
mat offline

Re: X-10 Range/Multiple Breakers

I'm no expert by far, but believe x10 struggles through two circuit breakers. Someone may be able to confirm this though

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Page 1 of 1