Honeywell Lynx Plus?

Posted on
Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:15 pm
ethank offline

Honeywell Lynx Plus?

Is there a way to connect the Honeywell lynx Plus into X10, Insteon or even serial? I know that the Total Connect product add on can give you emails for system events, just wondering if there is a more direct way.

Posted on
Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:34 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Honeywell Lynx Plus?

According to this post, it has some X10 capability. My guess is that you should talk to an installer that installs them to see what they know.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:42 pm
berkinet offline

Re: Honeywell Lynx Plus?

ethank wrote:
Is there a way to connect the Honeywell lynx Plus into X10, Insteon or even serial?...

I think the Lynx Plus is strictly a wireless panel. In which case X-10 is probably your only option. However, if it is possible to add additional wired keypads, there might be a way to add a USB interface - the ad2usb from NuTech.

I did find this comment regarding Lynx Plus X10 support in the product manual.

Powerline Carrier devices (e.g. X10 brand devices) are programmable switches that can be used to perform many different functions. Your system may be set up so that certain lights or other devices can be turned on or off by using the device command from the keypad. Ask your installer if this has been done in your system. If programmed for your system, some devices may activate automatically upon certain system conditions. In this case, the following commands can be used to override the device activation. See your installer for a full explanation of this feature.

So, it looks like you can send X10 signals when certain events occur - I would assume that means when a zone is faulted. But, best to double check with a Lynx Vendor.

Page 1 of 1