Doorbell camera recommendation

Posted on
Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:02 am
hamw online

I have a couple of EZVIZ doorbell cams that work fine with their app. However, while they worked previously with SS, now SS cannot access them. AFAIK nothing in my setup or the cameras had changed, but clearly something did. They use the Hikvision profile. I rah through the profile tester in SS and apparently nothing else came up. So as far as SS goes, they are dead. And as such, I can't access them from Indigo.

Rather than continuing to pull my hair out, at this point I'd prefer to simply replace them. I was thinking the Eufy would be a good next choice but would appreciate input to help pick new doorbell cams. It would also be nice to be able to trigger a mechanical doorbell or signal a relay for my home automation, in addition to just getting an image.

Ease of use with Indigo would be a definite plus. I'd rather be able to just put in a URL rather than a SS link.

thanks!

Posted on
Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:02 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Doorbell camera recommendation

I just installed a Reolink to replace my Ring doorbell camera. Works great with SS.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:08 pm
mundmc offline

I am using a Foscam DBW5 doorbell that I jury rigged to run via power over ethernet. The quality is fair, but I care less about the quality than I do about reliability and integration. I have it running with Blue Iris using [mention]GlennNZ [/mention] 's plugin and it's great. Having previously used Security Spy, I have a little doubt that it will integrate with it well, as well as with the plug-in.

The main challenge I encountered was setting up a virtual doorbell, which involve me getting weird with wire shark and using the UDP Listener (i THINK from Flying Diver sorry if i'm wrong) for the first time.

Long story short, it is super-integratable, but you might have to do some customize work around for some things (I am happy to help).

Page 1 of 1