Q: Controller Choice

Posted on
Thu May 15, 2003 7:14 am
Igor offline

Q: Controller Choice

:?:
I would like some advice about choosing a controller.

Of primary interest is the requirement that I need NOT leave the computer running constantly. If the computer has to be up all the time, then the computer is the controller. The next box in line is just an interface.

Thanks in advance. :D

Posted on
Thu May 15, 2003 7:26 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Q: Controller Choice

Igor wrote:
:?:
I would like some advice about choosing a controller.

Of primary interest is the requirement that I need NOT leave the computer running constantly. If the computer has to be up all the time, then the computer is the controller. The next box in line is just an interface.

Hello Igor,

Indigo does not support any of the offline controllers. The CM11 does have the ability to run in an offline mode but the macro logic is very limited, so we choose not to try to support it at all. If you want to investigate using the CM11 as a controller, then I would recommend that you look at Thinking Home software:

http://www.alwaysthinking.com/products/ ... inkinghome

None of the other supported controllers (PowerLinc, LynX-PLC, MR26, W800RF32) support any type of control logic. There are some other controllers that do support control logic, like the Ocelot, but I don't believe there is any Mac software available to program them.

regards,
matt

Page 1 of 1