CM11A - Keyspan USA-19HS - Mac OS 10.3

Posted on
Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:20 pm
saronian offline

CM11A - Keyspan USA-19HS - Mac OS 10.3

Has anyone tried Indigo with this combination? Mac OS X can see the 19HS, but Indigo can't find the device. I'm using Keyspan's 1.8 driver from 10-03.

Not sure if it's Apple's Panther OS, Keyspan's 1.8 driver or the 19HS that has created the problem for Indigo. Perhaps I should try and locate an older Keyspan adapter.

Thanks for any advice.

Scott

Posted on
Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:32 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: CM11A - Keyspan USA-19HS - Mac OS 10.3

saronian wrote:
Has anyone tried Indigo with this combination? Mac OS X can see the 19HS, but Indigo can't find the device.

Hi Scott,

I don't have that exact model keyspan adapter, but I did have a couple of questions for you. Was it working with the 19HS prior to your Panther (& Keyspan driver) upgrade? Is the serial port showing in the preferences popup menu (interface tab)? What error message are you getting? I'm curious exactly how (and when) it is failing -- is it not showing up in the popup menu, is it showing up but then failing to connect, etc.?

One common problem after upgrading the driver is the name of the serial port changes, which means you have to go re-choose the serial port in the Indigo preferences dialog (Interface tab).

Thanks for the additional info. The 19HS with the latest driver (1.8) and Panther should work based on the release notes from Keyspan...

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:03 pm
saronian offline

(No subject)

Thanks for the reply. While trying to answer your questions I think I found the problem. A bad or loose USB cable. Here's what I did.

I bought the adapter after upgrading to Panther (10.3) and have no prior experience with it. I was using an older model Keyspan adapter with OS 10.2, but lost it while traveling.

The serial port does show in the Indigo preferences [USA19H191P1.1] and in the Keyspan Serial Assistant [USA19H] [USA19H1911.]

Here's what's listed in the System Profiler:
Keyspan USA-19H:
Vendor Name: Keyspan, a division of InnoSys Inc.
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Product ID: 289 ($121)
Bus Power (mA): 500

It errors with "failed to connect" when I choose connect from the Interface Menu. But I just got the following message while moving the cables:
2:59:30 PM, 11/23/03
Power Failure interface detected power failure
Power Failure interface power back online

So everything is working when the USB cable is positioned just right.

I appreciate your helping, now we know the combination will work.

Scott

Posted on
Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:59 am
PeterK offline

CM12U

I have the same problem. I'm using OSX 10.3.1 and a keyspan USA19QW adaptor and a CM12U.

I'm using version 1.8 of the Keyspan driver.

Indigo says it fails to connect to interface. It sees the keyspan adaptor in the preferences.

I know the Keyspan works as I use it to download to my prontopro so I don't think its a faulty USB lead.

I assume the CM12U is at fault. It passes power ok so its not something as stupid as a fuse but I can't seem to be able to fault find whether its a faulty CM12U, a faulty link cable from the Keyspan to it or what.

Any thoughts?

Peter

Posted on
Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:22 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: CM12U

PeterK wrote:
I have the same problem. I'm using OSX 10.3.1 and a keyspan USA19QW adaptor and a CM12U.

Hi Peter,

Send me an email offline. I have a few things I'd like you to try. Thanks!

Regards,
Matt (indigo-support at perceptiveautomation.com)

Posted on
Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:56 am
clozach offline

Also having trouble w/Keyspan adapter

Any luck with the offline discussion with Peter? I'm getting the same (I think) message using Indigo, a Keyspan USA-19 adapter and the CM11A interface:

"Failed to connect to interface. Make sure the correct interface settings are chosen in the Preferences dialog. To try again choose Connect from the Interface menu."

DETAILS
Network Port Configuration: USA19181P1.1, unchecked (added the last '1' manually to match what shows up in the Indigo preferences)
Hotsync (for Palm synchronization): disabled
Interface: currently passing power through
Keyspan adapter: Was working recently for Palm synching, but hasn't worked with CM11A since upgrade.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

-Chris[/b]

Posted on
Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:02 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Also having trouble w/Keyspan adapter

clozach wrote:
Any luck with the offline discussion with Peter? I'm getting the same (I think) message using Indigo, a Keyspan USA-19 adapter and the CM11A interface

Hello Chris,

Peter had a CM11 that went bad on him. Once he replaced the CM11 (actually it was the CM12U -- UK version of the CM11), it worked okay.

You said that it, "hasn't worked with the CM11A since upgrade." Are you referring to the Panther (OS) upgrade, or an Indigo upgrade? Are you using the latest Keyspan driver? They updated the drivers for Panther.

If it isn't the driver update issue, then I suspect you have a bad USB or serial cable, or the CM11 has died on you. If you have the latest driver and jiggling the cables a bit doesn't help, then email me again and we'll try one last approach. You might also try unplugging the CM11 for a few minutes, plugging it back in, and reconnecting.

Regards,
Matt

Page 1 of 1