Apple expected to unveil new smart home platform ... ????

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:49 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Apple expected to unveil new smart home platform ... ??

jay (support) wrote:
I'm quite skeptical since they just killed the Airport Routers.

When did this happen? I see you can still get Airports on their online store. But see I can look at it two ways - if they kill the Airport then that could mean the Airport will be reborn as the Siri device and airport, while if they didn't kill the Airport then the Siri device could be the thing that eventually DOES kill the Airport.

jay (support) wrote:
Really? I must have missed that announcement...

It was last week I believe. They didn't do a press release but it was in response to integrating Siri into cars and they mentioned that they are focusing on even more integrations and eluded to the car they are building as well.

jay (support) wrote:
I really hope Apple can find it's way back to providing solid, new and interesting products.

Me too, I fear that Job's last idea in the Watch is the last really interesting thing to happen. They are becoming more "corporate" instead of the open company they once were.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:07 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
When did this happen? I see you can still get Airports on their online store. But see I can look at it two ways - if they kill the Airport then that could mean the Airport will be reborn as the Siri device and airport, while if they didn't kill the Airport then the Siri device could be the thing that eventually DOES kill the Airport.

https://9to5mac.com/2016/11/21/apple-re ... -projects/

Rumor, but I originally read it on another source (which I can't now find) which I believed. I'm not sure that you'd kill a product line that you were intending to replace until you had the replacement in place. I could be wrong though.

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
It was last week I believe. They didn't do a press release but it was in response to integrating Siri into cars and they mentioned that they are focusing on even more integrations and eluded to the car they are building as well.

Oh, that. :lol:

jay (support) wrote:
Me too, I fear that Job's last idea in the Watch is the last really interesting thing to happen. They are becoming more "corporate" instead of the open company they once were.

I have a watch, and while its sorta interesting, I've yet to see the killer feature(s) that really make it awesome.

When was Apple an "open company"... :wink:

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:52 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

jay (support) wrote:
When was Apple an "open company"...

LOL, true, more closed than pretty much everyone, but I couldn't find the word that best described what I was trying to convey :lol: . More of the free spirit hippy company that it started out as perhaps.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here