Time/Date Action Not Working

Posted on
Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:24 pm
Romeodawg offline

Time/Date Action Not Working

I set up a Time/Date Action to turn on my porch light every day at sunset, and speak "porch light activated."

It does speak the text at the right time, but doesn't turn on the light. I can, however, manually turn on the light using the Indigo interface.

So the Powerlink USB is working, and the Powerhouse Screw-In Lamp Module is working. Just seems to be an Indigo thing.

Any suggestions?

(Action is Send Device Action/Turn On)

Posted on
Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:29 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Time/Date Action Not Working

Romeodawg wrote:
It does speak the text at the right time, but doesn't turn on the light. I can, however, manually turn on the light using the Indigo interface.

Do you have a copy of the log lines for when the Time/Date Trigger happened? I'm wondering if it says that it sent the X10 command.

Try creating a Time/Date action that repeats every 0.5 minutes and has an _Send Device Action_ to Toggle that light on and off. This way you can see if Indigo is able to automatically turn the light on/off.

Not to let Indigo off the hook, but I suspect that Indigo sent the command to the Interface and something (signal collision, poor signal quality between your computer and the light) caused it to fail to reach the module. The code that sends the commands to the X10 interface (PowerLinc in this case) is the exact same for Time/Date actions as the manual case. However, if the log didn't say Indigo sent the command at all then something wierd is going on...

regards,
matt

Page 1 of 1