Support for multiple locations?

Posted on
Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:18 pm
colinpartridge offline

Support for multiple locations?

Not a big deal but I guess I'm getting this error since I have two locations attached to my account? Any thoughts on how to get around this limit?
Code: Select all
Evohome                         ┌────────────────────────┬─────────────────┬─────────────────┬──────────────────┬───────────────────┐
   Evohome                         │        Location        │    System ID    │    Device ID    │       Name       │       Model       │
   Evohome                         ├────────────────────────┼─────────────────┼─────────────────┼──────────────────┼───────────────────┤
   Evohome                         │ Home                   │ 1415903         │                 │                  │ EvoTouch          │
   Evohome Error                   Error in plugin execution MenuAction:

File "plugin.py", line 76, in dumpEvohomeTCC
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.2/Plugins/Honeywell_Evohome.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Honeywell.py", line 677, in dumpEvohomeTCC
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.2/Plugins/Honeywell_Evohome.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/evohomeclient2/__init__.py", line 310, in temperatures
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.2/Plugins/Honeywell_Evohome.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/evohomeclient2/__init__.py", line 212, in _get_single_heating_system
type: More (or less) than one location available

Colin

Posted on
Sat May 04, 2024 7:03 am
colinpartridge offline

Re: Support for multiple locations?

answering my own question..Have deleted second location and everything is working as expected, sort of. I've now created a second evohome account with a different log-in for the required location. I've changed the login and password to this new account but the plugin is still showing me devices for the old account. I've tried deleting the config file, the plugin and restarting the indigo server but its still showing the devices from the wrong user account when I re-install it. The honeywell home app is showing the correct location and devices. I'm assuming theres another file somewhere that has the old account details but I don't know where that is. Any ideas?

Colin

Posted on
Sun May 05, 2024 10:36 am
neilk offline

I will dig further as I don’t think it should be cached. What happens if you “Log evohome device ID’s” ?

Posted on
Sun May 05, 2024 11:22 am
colinpartridge offline

If I log the device ID's, no matter which user account details I use I get the 4 zones of my original account, The accounts are behaving as they should when I use the Honeywell Home app to access the locations. I've also been playing around with Home Assistant Evohome integration which is showing up the correct zones for the correct account. Its not a big issue but its unfortunate that the only zone that I am interested in is the one I can't access from the plugin.

Colin

Posted on
Mon May 06, 2024 1:16 pm
neilk offline

That is so strange, and really hard to replicate.

I looked at the config file and nothing in it relates to the device that should allow it to recreate it and deleting the config file and the plugin should be enough.

You could try creating a second instance of the plugin by copying (giving it a unique name) it and editing the info.plist as below. That will remove any link to the earlier version and use the new credentials with that

Code: Select all
   <key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
   <string>Evohome 2</string>
   <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
   <string>com.barn.indigoplugin.Honeywell_Evohome2</string>
   <key>CFBundleVersion</key>

Indigo will treat it then as a different plugin.

Neil

Posted on
Tue May 07, 2024 1:41 am
colinpartridge offline

Hi Neil, for whatever reason I now have the correct devices in the correct accounts by following your suggestion. In fact that gives me the multiple location support that I was after. Very cool, thanks for your hard work in keeping this plugin current.

Colin

Posted on
Tue May 07, 2024 4:38 am
neilk offline

Glad that worked, I will try and find the time to at least catch the error but I suspect this approach may be best given it is fairly unusual.
Neil

Page 1 of 1