[ANSWERED]Error -10004

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:21 am
MarcoGT offline

[ANSWERED]Error -10004

Hi all,

I wrote my first AppleScript.
When I try to execute it for the first time I am asked to select the application Indigo Server.
I am now working with the Client App (on a MacBook Pro) and the Server App is on MacMini.
I selected from the list the Indigo Server App (located in /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Indigo Server.app on the client machine) but I got the following error in the subject (of course I have the PRO version).

Code: Select all
error "IndigoServer got an error: AppleScript support is an Indigo Pro only feature. You can upgrade from Lite to Pro for this functionality." number -10004

Thanks
Marco

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:40 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Error -10004

You are targeting the IndigoServer on your client Mac, which doesn't have the full Pro license. To avoid confusion, I'd suggest deleting the IndigoServer on your client Mac.

To remotely target the Indigo Server on your server Mac, you will have to use the format:
Code: Select all
tell application "IndigoServer" on machine "eppc://user:pass@computer.local"

You also have to enable Remote Apple Events in the Sharing panel of the server Mac.

Just a warning note, remote AppleScript targetting has gotten more buggy in recent OS releases. I think it is especially troublesome if your 2 Macs aren't running the same major Mac OS version. If at all possible it is best to run the AppleScript on the server Mac itself.

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:46 am
MarcoGT offline

Re: Error -10004

Thanks a lot for the clarification :)

Page 1 of 1