turn off logging in a script

Posted on
Wed May 30, 2012 6:24 pm
rszmetro offline

turn off logging in a script

Hi,

I have an applescript (below) that adjusts my thermostats and it is creating a log every minute. Is there something I can add to the script that would turn off the logging?

Thanks,
Rob

-- Balance Thermostats to Cool

tell application "IndigoServer"
if value of variable "tempDownstairs" is greater than value of variable "tempSet" then
set cool setpoint of device "Thermostat - A/C" to value of variable "tempSetBal"
else if value of variable "tempDownstairs" is less than value of variable "tempSet" then
set cool setpoint of device "Thermostat - A/C" to value of variable "tempSet"
else if value of variable "tempDownstairs" is equal to value of variable "tempSet" then
set cool setpoint of device "Thermostat - A/C" to value of variable "tempSetBal"
end if
end tell

Rob Z

Posted on
Wed May 30, 2012 9:30 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: turn off logging in a script

Try using the transaction 'suppress logging' like this:

Code: Select all
tell application "IndigoServer"
   with transaction
      transaction suppress logging
      if value of variable "tempDownstairs" is greater than value of variable "tempSet" then
      else if value of variable "tempDownstairs" is less than value of variable "tempSet" then
         set cool setpoint of device "Thermostat - A/C" to value of variable "tempSet"
      else if value of variable "tempDownstairs" is equal to value of variable "tempSet" then
      end if
   end transaction
end tell

Note, however, that if it really is sending out INSTEON commands every minute you might want to optimize it or increase the delay somehow. Depending on how many modules you have, that might be increasing the INSTEON traffic high enough that collisions will be more likely.

Posted on
Thu May 31, 2012 8:50 pm
rszmetro offline

Re: turn off logging in a script

Thanks - works great. I changed the timing to every 5 minutes to hopefully eliminate any collisions.

Again, amazing product and even better support. Thanks.

Rob

Rob Z

Page 1 of 1