File URL Access Scripting.app wasn’t found

Posted on
Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:33 pm
schfifty offline

File URL Access Scripting.app wasn’t found

Can anyone give me a little insight as to why my NOAA script no longer functions?

I get the following error in my event log.
"GetXMLfile:File URL Access Scripting.app wasn’t found.(-43)"

Posted on
Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:49 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: File URL Access Scripting.app wasn’t found

Lion dropped the URL Access Scripting.app, so we had to find an alternative. I have the script updated, and it's shipping with the current Indigo 5 beta. We'll get it out with the next Indigo 4 release in the next several days.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:55 pm
schfifty offline

Thanks Jay. Your prompt replies are very much appreciated.

Posted on
Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:05 am
SSneddon offline

Scripting.app wasn’t found (even after 4.1.18 and 4.1.19 upg

Still getting this error from the NOA script even after upgrading. Strange, because the background script file has the curl syntax in it, not the Scripting.app syntax. Is there another file in a search tree somewhere that might not have been flushed out on install?

Thanks.
Scott

Posted on
Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:20 am
SSneddon offline

Re: File URL Access Scripting.app wasn’t found (answered)

So yes, it was lurking around. I had a Library/Application\ Support/etc../Indigo2 folder alongside the Indigo4 version. The curl-based script was in the Indigo 4 folder. I deleted the Indigo2 folder and restarted, and got a "NOAA Script etc... File Not Found" error when my Background Tasks event was triggered at startup. So... the problem was that the Background Tasks trigger was pointing at the script in the Indigo2 directory. Fixed it by editing the trigger action.

Not exactly rtfm, but close.

Thanks, and keep up the great work, still a long-time fan of Indigo (Since 2004).

Scott.

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:54 pm
btassias offline

Hi Jay

I just upgraded to Lion and then upgraded to Indigo 5. I'am also getting the error GetXMLfile:File URL Access Scripting.app wasn’t found.(-43)
I noticed in the perceptive folder I have two folders one for Indigo4 and one for Indigo5. And also on the iPhone Indigo App under Variables
The weather won't update anymore since my upgrade. Is there a new NOAA script for Indigo 5 ? After the upgrade I thought I would have to
reload the FTDI Drivers but the interface was still working so i didn't mess with reinstalling the drivers

Thanks

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:41 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The NOAA Weather AppleScript still ships with Indigo 5 (and has been fixed to work on Lion) although we reimplemented it as a plugin. Plugin defined NOAA weather stations (you can have as many as you want) have device states that represent the weather conditions for that station - so if you're viewing them on a control page you just have it display the state rather than the variables that were populated by the NOAA AppleScript.

I suspect that your new database is still executing the old Indigo 4 version of the script - check your startup trigger that starts the NOAA script and make sure it's pointing to the one in the Indigo 5 Scripts directory.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:37 pm
btassias offline

Hi Jay

Your right the NOAA script was pointing to the Indigo 4 folder, seems to work now. I just recieved the EasyDaq NET16PRM
wasn't happy the way they shipped, It came in a paper envelope with some bent connector and such.Not the way I would of
Packed it. It says in Indigo to use Socket Connection and type in the IP and port address of the card in, How do you fine out
that info for the card..

Thanks
Bret

P.S. So far the Indigo5 with Lion has been working good :D

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:41 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

btassias wrote:
It says in Indigo to use Socket Connection and type in the IP and port address of the card in, How do you fine out that info for the card..

I'm not sure (I don't have one), but maybe someone that does will chime in. Have you tried downloading the info from the Web site? Is there some quick start guide or instructions there, perhaps?

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:51 pm
btassias offline

Hi Matt

After a little looking at the Lantronix web site they have a program called ( Lantronix Deviceinstaller 4.2.0.4 ) which is used to
configure the EasyDaq NET16PRMx on a live network . Then in Indigo's configure page for the EasyDaq Plugin I used the
(Network Socket) for the connection type and socket://192.164.213.125:10001 for the (Socket Address). www.easydaq.biz
has a program called ( NET16PRMxN Generic Test Program) which when loaded on a windows machine you can test all the
relays and I/O ports. The XPort's web interface works well for configuring the card's other options. So far so good

Bret

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:56 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Great -- thanks for posting a followup with details.

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:22 pm
btassias offline

Matt

The Lantronix DeviceInstaller is a Windows-based GUI application that provides an easy way to install and configure specific Lantronix device server products. at http://www.lantronix.com/device-network ... aller.html And the NET16PRMxn Generic Test Program is
At http://www.easydaq.biz/Download%20Conta ... 16PRMx.htm in case someone want to use the Networked base card
in Indigo

Thanks Again

Bret

Page 1 of 1