Nothing in Variable List in "Create T/D Action"-Condition

Posted on
Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:39 pm
andyhutch1947 offline

Nothing in Variable List in "Create T/D Action"-Condition

I have been trying for some time to set up an "If Variable ......(Dropdown list) except one which says "isDaylight". What happened to the list?

Running Pro v 4.1.19

Posted on
Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:59 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Nothing in Variable List in "Create T/D Action"-Conditio

I do not understand your question. What exactly are you expecting to see, and what do you see?

Posted on
Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:41 pm
andyhutch1947 offline

Matt

In the Wiki for Indigo I went to this page http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/wik ... nditions&s[]=vacation . I followed the instructions and in #4 it says there should be a popup list of variables. I only had one variable listed, "isDaylight", and not any other variables, including the "houseMode" mentioned.

Hopefully this is a little clearer? Sorry for any confusion.

Andy

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:36 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Andy,

You need to create that Variable first. To do so open the Variable window via the Window->Variable List menu item, then press the New... button at the top-left and enter the variable name "houseMode." Variables are just empty buckets of name/value pairs that the user has to create. You can create as many of them as you want, you can name them whatever you want, and you can assign them any value (via the Modify Variable Value action in the UI).

Posted on
Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:13 pm
andyhutch1947 offline

As I was looking through the WiKi information it appears that several Variables are consistantly being used i.e., houseMode, sprinklerDurationMultiplier, isDaylight, houseStatus and others. Is it just a coincidence that these are being used? It would seem to me that if we used a basic list, it would be a lot easier to assist someone when they have programming issues. Maybe a running permanent Topic Listing where one could post their respective Variable and how it is used would be beneficial to many.

Andy

Posted on
Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:42 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Andy,

sprinklerDurationMultiplier and isDaylight are automatically created by Indigo (when they are needed). The others are just suggested example variable names used to illustrate different logic/conditional techniques. The wiki articles may not be very clear about that though...

Page 1 of 1