Notifications not coming through

Posted on
Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:01 pm
Dual offline

Notifications not coming through

[MODERATOR NOTE]: This was the first post starting this thread (it was accidentally moved somewhere else) - it was posted on 2023/10/07:

AlaskaDave wrote:
Noticed my Pushover notifications were not getting to me. Today when I looked at the Pushover website it could not be reached. Is this service no longer available?

Still works fine for me. I just received a notification seconds ago. I receive notifications at least once an hour. Very reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:32 pm
AlaskaDave offline

Re: Pushover Plugin - push notifications

Odd, tried to log into my pushover account at: https://pushover.net/ and their website does not seem to be working either. Was working but noticed that recently I was not receiving notifications using Pushover,

When I load the plug-in I see:
Enabling plugin "Pushover 2022.0.0" using API v3.0
Starting plugin "Pushover 2022.0.0" (pid 90416)
Started plugin "Pushover 2022.0.0"
Pushover Warning Error getting alert sounds list: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.pushover.net', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /1/sounds.json?token=aicbe88p1m2cidmn26atmgap93owfn (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: WRONG_VERSION_NUMBER] wrong version number (_ssl.c:997)')))

When I trigger an action with Pushover I see the following:
Pushover Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

File "plugin.py", line 140, in send
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/api.py", line 117, in post
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/api.py", line 61, in request
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/sessions.py", line 529, in request
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/sessions.py", line 645, in send
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/adapters.py", line 517, in send
type: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.pushover.net', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /1/messages.json (Caused by SSLError(SSLEOFError(8, 'EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:997)')))

Posted on
Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:33 pm
FlyingDiver offline

What OS version you running?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:49 pm
AlaskaDave offline

MacMini is running 10.15.7. Always fearful to update the Mac running Indigo.

Posted on
Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:51 pm
FlyingDiver offline

AlaskaDave wrote:

Pretty sure that's the problem. That version doesn't have the right SSL version.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:30 pm
AlaskaDave offline

I've decided to change my notifications away from Pushover, it appears that although Indigo still supports it the service is no longer available. For anyone starting a Pushover account I don't see how they can proceed as the website and it's API is unreachable. I've started using the iMessage Plug-in which seems really responsive, although liked the options available with Pushover.

Posted on
Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:37 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Website is working fine for me. If you’re trying to reach it from that 10.15 system, that’s your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:08 pm
jcs offline

the service is no longer available. For anyone starting a Pushover account I don't see how they can proceed as the website and it's API is unreachable.

That's quite a stretch to assume the entire service is no longer available because you can't reach it from your single machine. Did you try actually contacting Pushover support from another connection to find out if your IP is blocked?

Posted on
Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:21 pm
gt3mike offline

Website and notifications are both working fine for me too.

Posted on
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:17 pm
AlaskaDave offline

Ok. When a plug-in stops working and you can no longer reach the website for API information or assistance one does draw conclusions. I look to these forums for help not criticism. These forums are not what they use to be, much like the rest of the Internet I guess... perhaps I need to get use to that. Thanks.

Posted on
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:20 am
neilk offline

Struggling to see any criticism here, just people offering direct advice that identified your problem. I beg to differ on these forums are full of people who patiently provide advice, time and effort building and maintaining plugins that often they don't need or use themselves. It is a perfectly reasonable question to ask if you have tried reaching out to the vendor before assuming the service was no longer available. I respectfully suggest you may be being oversensitive here, as these forums and the contributors are a big factor in the value of Indigo, please don't confuse direct answers/questions with criticism.

My view and you are of course entitled to yours.

Neil

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:39 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

AlaskaDave wrote:
Ok. When a plug-in stops working and you can no longer reach the website for API information or assistance one does draw conclusions. I look to these forums for help not criticism. These forums are not what they use to be, much like the rest of the Internet I guess... perhaps I need to get use to that. Thanks.

I think the reaction is because your post seems to be making some erroneous assumptions. Specifically, there are a number of users using the current release successfully, including myself (also no problems accessing their website). So, it seems likely to be an issue with your environment. In fact, there was a suggestion as to a potential issue:

FlyingDiver wrote:
AlaskaDave wrote:

Pretty sure that's the problem. That version doesn't have the right SSL version.

This is from the developer that updated the plugin for Python 3, so he probably knows.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1