Home Assistant plugin updated for Python 3

Posted on
Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:03 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Home Assistant plugin updated for Python 3

FlyingDiver wrote:
Different Computers wrote:
You weren't asking me, but I was able to look. I don't see anything labeled "device class" on the entity page, but maybe this helps?

What is that data dump from? I don't recognize it.

that's from URL:8123/config/devices/device/ and it's the Roku TV integration

Sonoma on a Mac Mini M1 running Airfoil Pro, Bond Home, Camect, Roku Network Remote, Hue Lights, DomoPad, Adapters, Home Assistant Agent, HomeKitLinkSiri, EPS Smart Dimmer, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Grafana. UnifiAP

Posted on
Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:09 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Different Computers wrote:

that's from URL:8123/config/devices/device/ and it's the Roku TV integration

Ah. I don't fetch or use that info in the HAA plugin. I only use the device state info reported over the websocket API.

I'd also point out that that's a "Roku" specific integration, using a custom device type. Not a generic TV device. That would require a Roku only device in the HAA plugin, which isn't going to happen.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:09 pm
EagleDTW offline

Hi Joe,

This is already an open issue on github (issue #2), I had been perusing the logs and I'm not sure that they're as clean as I would like put up to github or anywhere else with personal data included, what are your suggestions?

Thank you,
Daniel

Posted on
Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:18 pm
FlyingDiver offline

EagleDTW wrote:
Hi Joe,

This is already an open issue on github (issue #2), I had been perusing the logs and I'm not sure that they're as clean as I would like put up to github or anywhere else with personal data included, what are your suggestions?

Thank you,
Daniel

Add the Entity information (plugin menu command) to the GitHub issue. I should be able to track it down from there.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:55 pm
EagleDTW offline

Done! Thanks, Joe!!

-Daniel

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:55 am
FlyingDiver offline

Pre-release available for testing: https://github.com/FlyingDiver/Indigo-H ... g/2023.1.0

This version adds "generic" devices so you can see and trigger on the state of ANY Home Assistant entity. I think. Needs testing.

Should also fix all reported issues with state errors.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:59 am
EagleDTW offline

will check in your 2023.1.0 - the overall Indigo release 2023.1.0 unfortunately there are a lot of plugins that are not yet compatible 7/24 that I may be forced to wait on updates over the next couple of weeks.

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:03 am
FlyingDiver offline

EagleDTW wrote:
will check in your 2023.1.0 - the overall Indigo release 2023.1.0 unfortunately there are a lot of plugins that are not yet compatible 7/24 that I may be forced to wait on updates over the next couple of weeks.

Purely coincidence that the plugin version matches the most recent Indigo release. This plugin does not require the latest Indigo.

I don't think there's many plugins that are not already Python3 that are actively being worked on (to make them Python3 compatible). If you're using ones that the developer isn't actively working on, you should be looking for alternatives.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:09 am
Colly offline

Quick check of latest version and I can see both TV's with various different states.

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:12 am
EagleDTW offline

Hi Joe,

Unfortunately did not fix and in fact even more sensors are coming up as undefined and giving error although fully present in HA.

Newer error too:
Action Collection Error state id (sensorValue) isn't available for device model Home Assistant sensor - action not configured correctly

And this warning when Insteon button press:
Received INSTEON "Atrium Light Master" on
Home Assistant Agent Warning Websocket unknown message type: {"id": 1, "type": "event", "event": {"event_type": "insteon.button_on", "data": {"address": "451a", "group": 1}, "origin": "LOCAL", "time_fired": "2023-10-04T17:12:56.075133+00:00", "context": {"id": "01HBXTV9GB7W383KTHZS", "parent_id": null, "user_id": null}}}

Thanks,
Daniel

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:40 pm
FlyingDiver offline

EagleDTW wrote:
Hi Joe,

Unfortunately did not fix and in fact even more sensors are coming up as undefined and giving error although fully present in HA.

I need to see the actual error message.

EagleDTW wrote:
Newer error too:
Action Collection Error state id (sensorValue) isn't available for device model Home Assistant sensor - action not configured correctly

What action are you attempting? Did you confirm the action is properly configured?

EagleDTW wrote:
And this warning when Insteon button press:
Received INSTEON "Atrium Light Master" on
Home Assistant Agent Warning Websocket unknown message type: {"id": 1, "type": "event", "event": {"event_type": "insteon.button_on", "data": {"address": "451a", "group": 1}, "origin": "LOCAL", "time_fired": "2023-10-04T17:12:56.075133+00:00", "context": {"id": "01HBXTV9GB7W383KTHZS", "parent_id": null, "user_id": null}}}

Well, that's a warning not really an error. But I can add that message type to the ignore list. I'm not sure I want to know why you're bridging Insteon devices to Home Assistant.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:08 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

EagleDTW wrote:
unfortunately there are a lot of plugins that are not yet compatible 7/24 that I may be forced to wait on updates over the next couple of weeks.

Our recommendations...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:52 pm
EagleDTW offline

Hi @Jay,

I added to that topic to see what if any traction updates may come for 2023.1, thanks for the advice!

-Daniel

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:57 pm
EagleDTW offline

Hi Joe,

These are the errors:
Code: Select all
Oct 4, 2023 at 5:09:32 PM
   Error                           device "Foobot AQI" state key sensorValue not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Foobot AQI" state key sensorValue not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "US AQI" state key sensorValue not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "US AQI" state key sensorValue not defined (ignoring update request)

...+ Jewish Calendar sensors
Code: Select all
Oct 4, 2023 at 5:15:00 PM
   Action Collection Error         state id (sensorValue) isn't available for device model Home Assistant sensor - action not configured correctly

I think the action is something internal to Indigo because I don't do anything with any of the sensor values except for converting a sensor value for the Jewish Calendar in HA that have some sensors in wrong timezone and format that get manipulated with a script in Indigo schedules.

Insteon is peculiar as I'm not doing anything with the HA instances of them and have a PLM for Indigo to control them separately but seems like when they're activated that they send a warning message as well.

Thank you,
Daniel

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:06 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I really don't know why those sensor devices are having a problem. I would delete the Indigo devices and recreate them. If that doesn't fix it, open a new GitHub issue and include the output of the entity dump menu command. Also screen shots of the device config dialog, and the device info (right click menu).

For the second error, post the Python script you're running in that action.

And the Insteon thing isn't really an error. It's a warning from the plugin that I received an event message from HA that I don't recognize. I've added it to the internal ignore list, so it'll go away in the next update.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)