Zigbee2mqtt Bridge Beta

Posted on
Mon May 22, 2023 8:58 pm
mundmc offline

Re: Zigbee2mqtt Bridge Beta

I don't frequent the farm for a few months and we've got the Zigbee control without extra hardware (aside from Zigbee USB)?

Thanks so much everybody, I need to get cracking on this for cheap door sensors soon!

Posted on
Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:00 pm
MarcoGT offline

mundmc wrote:
I don't frequent the farm for a few months and we've got the Zigbee control without extra hardware (aside from Zigbee USB)?

Thanks so much everybody, I need to get cracking on this for cheap door sensors soon!
I have a strange problem since yesterday.
The changes of status of motion sensors are seen in the dashboard of Zigbee2MQTT but status is not reported into indigo.
Plug-in is running and also the script in terminal is running (I restarted both just in case)

Posted on
Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:33 pm
autolog offline

MarcoGT wrote:
The changes of status of motion sensors are seen in the dashboard of Zigbee2MQTT but status is not reported into indigo.
Plug-in is running and also the script in terminal is running (I restarted both just in case)

Does MQTT explorer show activity from Zigbee2MQTT?

Posted on
Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:09 pm
siclark offline

MarcoGT wrote:
mundmc wrote:

Does restarting the plug-in fix it?

Posted on
Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:03 pm
MarcoGT offline

No, it did not help

Posted on
Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:14 am
autolog offline

MarcoGT wrote:
No, it did not help

Does MQTT explorer show activity from Zigbee2MQTT?

Posted on
Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:27 am
MarcoGT offline

Hi,

no, I do not see any changes through MQTTExplorer.

Posted on
Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:49 am
autolog offline

MarcoGT wrote:
Hi,

no, I do not see any changes through MQTTExplorer.

OK, that explains why the plugin isn't seeing any changes.

Zigbee2MQTT is publishing (or should be) device update messages to the MQTT broker. The Indigo plugin subscribes to changes on the MQTT broker and should be receiving those updates. If MQTT Explorer isn't seing any activity then that implies Zigbee2mqtt is failing to publish to the MQTT broker.

When you view the Zigbee2mqtt log in the terminal window, what activity do you see (if any)? Are there any error messages?

Posted on
Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:58 am
MarcoGT offline

So I stopped the MQTT Broker plugin and I got an error on the web interface of Z2MQTT saying connection was lost.
I started the plugin again (MQTT Broker) and it seems that now everything works as expected.

Let's see

Posted on
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:17 am
landry offline

His Jon

TreatLIfe seems have the only smart fan/light combo switch that fits in a single gang. box. The switch can be bundled with Zifbee hub which suggests the Treatlifee device is compatible with zibbee even though Treatlife devices can be used with Trealife's own iPhone app. Do you know if your plugin will be compatible with this bundled combination?

I appreciate any info you have

Thanks
Dave

Posted on
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:40 am
autolog offline

The plugin supports a subset of devices that can be configured in Zigbee2MQTT.

See here for the list of devices Zigbee2MQTT supports: https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/supported-devices/

I can't see TreatLife in the list of supported vendors. They could be using a rebranded device?

Most common Zigbee2mqtt compatible devices are handled by the plugin.

More can potentially be added on request. :)

Posted on
Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:11 pm
landry offline

I have been following treatlife since they are the only vendor that sells a dual smart fan/light switch that fits in a single gang box. For years I have asked Insteon to sell one since they only carry embedded device with never fits in any fan cowling which is their claim. Treelike came upon in my latest fan/light combo switches searches and I think they are very new. https://www.treatlife.tech/products/sma ... 7498592317
This combo switch is huge seller according to Amazon and has not really came up in my combo switch searches until recently. Recently zigbee is bundling this combo switch with their hub on Amazon. So I am assuming they are compatible to each other. The singe gang box combo fan light control is one switch have never made smart (and aI have 5 of them.) since there never was a product out there. Having. open solace house with cathedral ceilings I alway wanted to control fans with temperature differential between the ceiling and floor levels. Easy to do with smart thermostats and remote temperature sensors ( Phidgets).

Posted on
Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:28 am
MarcoGT offline

I installed and configured Zigbee2MQTT on my father’s setup.
The SONOFF dongle yesterday worked fine but now even in /dev/tty* is not listed anymore.
Is any driver required? I do not remember to have installed any driver on my machine.

Posted on
Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:37 am
autolog offline

MarcoGT wrote:
... Is any driver required? ...

No driver is required.

Does the Mac System Report show the device under the USB section? How have you attached it to the Mac and what sort of Mac is it / versions etc?

Posted on
Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:50 am
MarcoGT offline

Yes yesterday I connected to the Mac mini (late 2014) and worked, I could see the devices in Zigbee and in Indigo through the plugin.
Today it stopped.
I couldn’t not see it in system profile but only through the terminal (also when it was working)