Publish separate states as individual devices

Posted on
Wed May 01, 2024 4:48 am
berkinet offline

Publish separate states as individual devices

[Apologies if this has been asked before. I looked, but couldn't find anything]

Is it possible to publish different states of the same Indigo device as separate HomeKit devices? For example, I have an Indigo sensor device that has separate states for humidity and temperature and I would like to publish both to HomeKit. However, it seems the plugin won't support that. Am I missing something? And, if this is not presently possible, is it something that could be added as a feature?

Thanks in advance...

Posted on
Wed May 01, 2024 5:21 am
GlennNZ offline

Re: Publish separate states as individual devices

Yeah. Not likely possible I’m afraid, but there is a work around.

Indigo is a device centric system, so to change this plugin to a state based system would need a complete rewrite, probably would be pretty slow and probably need some Indigo based changes to boot. Might be able to piece together some pieces for sensors only devices (which are one way essentially) but would be a lot of overhead and additional steps prior to updating for all devices - essentially would not be a good result.

Use something like Masquerade plugin and create a copy of current device, and publish that to Home App via HKLS as whatever 2nd state you are super interested in. Slight gludge but deals with these rare cases.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed May 01, 2024 5:35 am
berkinet offline

Re: Publish separate states as individual devices

GlennNZ wrote:
Yeah. Not likely possible I’m afraid, but there is a work around.... ...Use something like Masquerade plugin and create a copy of current device, and publish that to Home App via HKLS as whatever 2nd state you are super interested in.

Great idea. Thanks for the quick response.

Page 1 of 1