HomeKitLink Siri Start from Scratch?

Posted on
Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:05 pm
makedrinklas offline

HomeKitLink Siri Start from Scratch?

Hi there. So I've been on the self-help path leading nowhere and now I'm back on the RTFM wagon.

After upgrading to Sonoma 14.4, Indigo 2023.2 and HKLS 6.61 I lost my connection to HomeKit, likely due to changing the device type of previously published devices. :lol:

So the primary issue seems to be HKLS parked in Starting up mode. Plenty of accompanying red text in the log:

HomeKitLink Siri Error (plugin.py: Function: create_deviceList_internal line: 866): Exception : Message : Caught Exception with device_list: Hopefully still adding other devices..
HomeKitLink Siri Error Traceback:
File "plugin.py", line 800, in create_deviceList_internal
elif "brightnessLevel" in device.states and "brightness" in dir(device):
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

HomeKitLink Siri Error Error in plugin execution:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 800, in create_deviceList_internal
elif "brightnessLevel" in device.states and "brightness" in dir(device):
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: 'ActionGroup' object has no attribute 'states'

I would like to start over. I have deleted my house from HomeKit and installed the Xcode command line tools recommendation found in another recent forum post.

Should I just delete the device and create one with a new name or would it be best to do a full uninstall of the plugin and associated files and start over with a fresh install?

What I have done so far just produces errors. It had been working for some time up until I did the updates and changed the device types, likely one or two without un-publishing first. I had noticed that Actions Groups like "Dining Room Lights On" and Dining Room Lights Off, Siri was asking me again on each if I wanted to turn them on or off after issuing the command. They do different things so it was a bit confusing. I figured it was because the device type was Switch so I was attempting to change to Lightbulb.

FYI, I also tried the Reset Accessory / Bridge option without luck.

Thank you

Posted on
Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:38 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: HomeKitLink Siri Start from Scratch?

Seems like you have tried to make an Action Group a Dimmer Light. Likely by overriding the default options and using “Show All Options”

That will not work as action group does not have States, brightness amongst other aspects.
Essentially change it back to a switch.

If you delete the bridge from Home app and delete the Indigo HKLS Bridge device from Indigo that is starting ‘afresh’ as much as you should need to.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:49 pm
makedrinklas offline

GREAT!! The new Bridge shows as operational.

However, another issue, the devices published on the previous bridge are shown in HKLS as unavailable. How can I completely eliminate the old bridge and begin adding those devices to the new one?

I think I mentioned, I completed deleted the entire Home from HomeKit and started fresh there, so no old bridges were in there up until just now – the new one. So this would seem like something leftover in Indigo? I also did a system restart.
Attachments
Plugin Options.png
Plugin Options.png (85.08 KiB) Viewed 239 times
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 2.39.16 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 2.39.16 PM.png (93.63 KiB) Viewed 239 times

Posted on
Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:42 pm
GlennNZ offline

Hi

Couple of options - listed there into the PluginOptions Menu you have pasted

The one you want will be:

Unlink any Orphaned Devices
Will remove any devices linkage with bridge you may have inadvertently removed before you could unpublish device

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:49 pm
makedrinklas offline

Yep, that worked. Thank you!

@GlennNZ question: The reason I started flipping device types (and broke everything) was because some actions were recently asking for an on/off confirmation. Siri is responding after the full reset, "Should I turn it on or off?" It turns out, several actions are initiating that Siri follow up prompt. I was able to fix the Hue group issue by changing the common and name of the device.

Was there a change in how Siri interprets these commands? Any suggestions? Should I consider changing the device type in HKLS as I did before? Should I just try to come up with something other than on and off in the action name and HKLS command?

FYI, I did have to do a system restart and for good measure disabled and enabled the plugin after doing the orphaned menu selection. Initially it didn't have any effect, the orphaned items were still greyed out at the bottom under the previous bridge.

Also, for anyone setting up HomeKitLink Siri, it helps to have the Indigo log open to see what's happening. I chose to slowly and methodically add in new actions and devices.

Sorry for the edits, this issue is evolving.

Page 1 of 1